New Years Eve

JustSino

So, for this that were out late, how was the first NYE in HSV as an Uber driver? I was out early in the evening until 8pm. I watched the driver app and around 1am I saw a large surging area around Downton.

Photosniper89

So, for this that were out late, how was the first NYE in HSV as an Uber driver? I was out early in the evening until 8pm. I watched the driver app and around 1am I saw a large surging area around Downton.
I can't speak for other but, it was no where near where I expected. I ran from around 6pm - 2:30am. There were just so many drivers out, that my usual pickup spots were flooded with drivers. I ended up branching out to a few new areas and had some better luck but, in no way was it what I expected.

The surge was okay, it hit quick, and then dropped quick, and then came back again for a few; not much there though and the drivers were jam packed.. everyone rushed there. I think people waited a bit till the surge went away. I also noticed that right after midnight it stopped raining for a while and I saw a significant amount of people walking.

Forgot to mention - I had 5 riders cancel on me, I've never had anyone cancel up to this point. I had to drive some 9 minutes away twice, only to have those riders cancel on me. I also had someone request a pickup 11 minutes outside of down town only to find out they were at a bar in the heart of downtown... how this happened I have no idea. So, I ended up having to drive the 11 minutes back to downtown, then wait some 10 minutes for the drunk guests to walk their way to me. This whole time other people were trying to get in my car (there was also no surge at this point of the night 2:30am).

It was an interesting night, but it was not what I expected. I'm sure there are some people who will come in here and say they did amazing, but no such luck for me.

Last edited:

JustSino

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I figured there would probably be a lot of drivers out last night. That's why I decided to only be out early evening to take people to their party spots.

LostInHSV

It was one of my better nights but only because I picked out a few heavy residential areas and got some long haul rides into town. The downtown area was a mess and yes I got two surge rides they were short haul. I did end up with a few new areas to place myself during this time next year. Drakes's apparently was very busy because every time I came back out of Jones Valley I got pinged to Drake's. Something to keep in mind for next year.

MasterfulMind

Hey all. NYE was my first weekend working and it went quite well. I drove from 8pm to my last fare at 5:30. I topped around $400 with the Uber/lyft combo. Most of my fares were UberXL. I have several big groups from Madison and the Drake area. Also caught some people coming out late who couldn’t decide where they wanted to go so we drove a bit and I ended up taking them to Harvest.