• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Years Eve Tips

Scottie B

Some advice for the newbies driving NYE
Don't take any base pings
Don't accept a ping on the run
Don't accept any Poo jobs
Don't take any pings over 7 minutes away unless it a 2+ surge
Stay out in the suburbs and clean up on your own
Don't be anywhere near the CBD come 11pm
Stock up on sick bags
Play the game smart as theres only one New Years Eve every 12 months
Get UberC if possible
Or just ask Seiko

Tom2828

I'll add anotger one.
If you taking pax from far away during early evening, chat with him about the return trip home.
Tell him that the surge will exceed 4 and you can give him an unerC deal.
Don't be dumb ant, the deal short be 2.5-3 times what he pays on the way to the city.
Text him before and if he's not answering login and enjoy short high surge with lovely traffic lol

Good luck, there are few corns available because I won't drive :smiles:

Scottie B

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll add anotger one.
If you taking pax from far away during early evening, chat with him about the return trip home.
Tell him that the surge will exceed 4 and you can give him an unerC deal.
Don't be dumb ant, the deal short be 2.5-3 times what he pays on the way to the city.
Text him before and if he's not answering login and enjoy short high surge with lovely traffic lol

Good luck, there are few corns available because I won't drive :smiles:
And make sure your EFTPOS machine is charged up

Scuberdriver

Blah blah blah... So basic general uber driving advice mostly... Nothing new here... stay away from CBD at 11pm is a catch 22

ali722

If your EFTPOS is not working, stop near any cab give him 20 percent extra and he will process your card tell him you are cabbie too lol.

Or download point of sales app and you can process any card manually free for first $800 then 2 percent per transaction.

Uberc app the way.

ali722

Ato uses algorithm to detect if you do under declaration so make sure you stuff your cash under the mattress.dont buy expensive stuff or cars and live like poor otherwise no uber driver can afford holidays and stuff you know.

Immoralized

Ato uses algorithm to detect if you do under declaration so make sure you stuff your cash under the mattress.dont buy expensive stuff or cars and live like poor otherwise no uber driver can afford holidays and stuff you know.
Yes if theirs a difference in ur bank account to what you are declaring in which case the ATO reaches out and say please explain? If you can't explain expect an audit and fine. Main reason why ATO and government wants everyone to use the banking system and cashless system so it very easy to track within Australia.

And I disagree that no rideshare drivers can go on holidays :oopsies: I regularly got drivers going away for two months at a time after december. Back to whatever country they came from for a bit of R&R on the slow periods and straight back to driving when they get back. Obviously they are doing more than the standard 30 hours most casual drivers do.

Last edited:

Scottie B

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes if theirs a difference in ur bank account to what you are declaring in which case the ATO reaches out and say please explain? If you can't explain expect an audit and fine. Main reason why ATO and government wants everyone to use the banking system and cashless system so it very easy to track within Australia.

And I disagree that no rideshare drivers can go on holidays :oopsies: I regularly got drivers going away for two months at a time after december. Back to whatever country they came from for a bit of R&R on the slow periods and straight back to driving when they get back. Obviously they are doing more than the standard 30 hours most casual drivers do.
Tell em you sold some car parts etc

Immoralized

Tell em you sold some car parts etc
Don't have any issue with tax atm. Apart from them wanting me to submit my past year gst which is due by mid January or ato going to fine me 1050 per quarter. Better get to it after the yearly celebrations that is :oopsies: which is fair enough they want their gst dollars.