1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Years Eve, tips, tricks and tactics

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Dutch-Ub, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Dutch-Ub

Dutch-Ub

This year will be my first New Years Eve driving. Ofcourse all markets are different but i would still like to read some advice from more experienced drivers.

2. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

My first time also. So I am looking for advice. I already know that if the pax can't confirm the address they entered because they are too drunk, kick them out and enjoy your 1 star that you will receive

3. 105398

As it gets later at night call them to "confirm location". Obviously you don't need to, but then you can tell on the phone if if they're a trainwreck, and also find out destination and how many people.

4. 105398

If they're that messy they won't even be getting in my car - period. (You don't get rated unless you start the ride). Cancel and move on, it'll be busy enough.

Shangsta likes this.
  5. Dutch-Ub

Dutch-Ub

Good one. Don't want a puker on the first ride.

6. 105398

Yeah - if there's any hint of nighttime drama, i.e. drinks in hand, or fistfuls of burritos, early mention of Taco Bell, group of smokers, - I find a way to cancel. It's more so to avoid an annoying and obnoxious ride, but also avoids a low rating due to enforcing the rules.

I may be too overly cautious, but I'm fine with that - there are enough good passengers in my town who are nice, appreciate, and good company (and can hold their liquor) that it doesn't cut my earnings ditching the bad ones. I rarely need to cancel during the day so can bank them for the weekend nights I work.

Never take a ride you don't want to out of desperation (if it's slow.)

TechBill likes this.
  7. 105398

Also know which areas and blocks are home to nightmare @@@@@@bag clubs with revved up drunk bros and trashy stumbling girls - versus neighborhoods with small bars, music venues, and lounges where middle age/older adults hang out.

After midnight I get high surge pings a mile or two away from a block housing the former, but I ignore them and happily trade it for a more modest surge from the latter.

Doesn't mean you'll always "win" using this strategy, but it's playing the odds and probability.

TechBill likes this.
  8. My suggestion is....take the night off.

One of the best things about this job is you can take the holidays off. Spend sometime with your friends and family. Or just do something fun or interesting.

Cue the person who will come claim this isn't a job.

DocT, Shangsta and Barbj379 like this.
  9. Beware groups of 4 or more chicks trying to cram into your ridesharing car.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016

10. I do that every night I work the bar shift and it works like a f***ing charm!

11. vesolehome

vesolehome

Uber hype machine will be in full swing that night. Text and emails of "high earnings". "Biggest night of the year" crap. That always floods the markets with cars and you'll stay busy driving drunks around for flat rates. In Detroit that means .70 a mile. I'll be with family NYE!

Shangsta and PeterNorth like this.