New Years Eve Double Payment

CheeseHeadSLC

I drove for Lyft on New Years Eve and made $383 in about 8 hours. I cashed out using express pay at about 4am on New Years Day and the money was immediately in my bank account. About 12 hours later I get an email saying the express pay was declined and they would be direct depositing the funds to my bank in 2-3 days. I received the direct deposit today however, the funds for the express pay are still in my account. I called Lyft support to explain the double payment and they said that it was an error in their system and that I should just keep the extra payment. This seems very suspicious and I'm worried they will try to take the extra payment back at some point. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 times I had Uber rep bonus me a $200 quest bonus before the system itself also gave me the bonus.

That was the fastest cashout you ever seen me do. Both times lol

They tightened up their manual bonus policy shortly after that.

AngelAdams

I drove for Lyft on New Years Eve and made $383 in about 8 hours. I cashed out using express pay at about 4am on New Years Day and the money was immediately in my bank account. About 12 hours later I get an email saying the express pay was declined and they would be direct depositing the funds to my bank in 2-3 days. I received the direct deposit today however, the funds for the express pay are still in my account. I called Lyft support to explain the double payment and they said that it was an error in their system and that I should just keep the extra payment. This seems very suspicious and I'm worried they will try to take the extra payment back at some point. Has anyone else experienced this?
Naa, keep it and shut up.
uber paid me $1,700 twice for a bonus. And lyft once paid me extra few hundred.
it’s all automated.

TGK

This seems very suspicious
.You caught them..They automatically assumed your bank would be closed and no-one would transmit the acceptance, so they would not have to make the deposit. They will also make you put the card number back in before you can cash out again.

DriveLV

I would bet they have some sort of post transaction audit system that will catch the double payments and they will either reclaim via ACH debit, or they could also just adjust it via your Lyft account and you work your way out of the deficit.

You’re not the only person I’ve seen this similar situation happen to for this week - so if enough people are double paid Lyft could see some sort of flag on reporting even if this type of issue is not normally checked for.

Lyft may be incompetent, but they are still an evil corporation at the end of the day. They are not in the habit of giving extra money away to the drivers.

Last edited:

DriveLV

Perhaps they told you to keep it because they royally screwed you on New Year's Eve and in fact they actually owed it to you?
They told OP to keep it because they wanted to get him off the phone. It worked!

That won’t stop Lyft from going back in and taking their money, however.

Lyft (and Uber) has no problem making a mistake in their favor/against drivers and never correcting it even when confronted. Rest assured that mistakes made in the drivers favor will be correctly promptly and without warning.

touberornottouber

FYI: They are taking back the payments:

Mine was taken back early this morning but it was only $20.

Ravedancer

Happened to me too but I didn’t notice until Lyft pulled it back out of my bank acct and put my checking acct in the negative. I had to transfer money in there quick before I got an overdraft fee.

toiuber

Yep, check your bank statements. Calling or Emailing doesn't help. I doubt the Hub would understand either. Lyft doesn't seem to understand "debit" vs "credit", "Deposit" vs. "Withdrawal", or even what "Duplicate" means.

I'll try the Hub again, I suspect I would laugh until it tickles when I get the same response.

Net: there are people who got deposited twice, there are people who didn't.

Report it as Fraud, because that is what it is without your authorization. My banker could not find any mention of Lyft anywhere in the Strip transfer. It looks like a plane Jane hacked transaction. The bank will open a Fraud investigation. Hopefully that will tickle Lyft.

DriverMark

Last time Uber adjusted a fare and paid me to much, they made an "adjustment" and took it back 6 months later.........

KK2929

------------------------
Not happened to me but I would keep the payment in the bank. They will probably come for it eventually. I would give it at least 30 days for Lyft to catch the error. Since when has Lyft support EVER given a usable answer?