Uber Drivers Forum banner

New Year's 2018/19

2K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  Joshua Carter 
#1 ·
Last year, we had 400% PowerZone downtown. Uber just surged.

I probably won't be driving.

Lyft and Uber needs to pay better for the risk!

#5 ·
Well, you have two different perspectives here... for the $$$ it always has been for me. The flip side is the risk of a messy passenger or an extra obnoxious passenger. You have to weigh it out and make your best decision.
On Friday night I drove until 1:30 am and had a few "tipsy" passengers but nothing obnoxious as of yet. Four chatty seniors in college didn't bother me the slightest. I'm sure I'll come across some more interesting passengers for sure.

#13 ·
More shit for the kettle....

Huber said Lyft is doing everything they can to ensure there are enough drivers on the roads for New Year's Eve.

If the demand exceeds the amount of drivers, then Lyft will go into what it calls "dynamic pricing" for drivers and "prime time" for riders. It increases prices and is supposed to incentivize drivers to log on and take a few rides to decrease demand and get party-goers where they need to go.
https://triblive.com/local/alleghen...er-ask-riders-to-plan-ahead-for-new-years-eve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.