• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Year’s Eve

Are you Driving New Years Eve?

• Total voters

Toonces-the-cat

I am sure you got the e-mail about New Year’s Eve. The mothership is probably getting an idea how much incentive they are going to offer. I dove last year and the people were horrible, rude, unpleasant, etc.

One really big night to earn? Really? There will probably be so many drivers that there will be little to no surge.

Want extra cash to kick off 2017? I sure do. Increase the fares. That would make a lot of drivers happy.

Just mark your calendars to drive on New Year’s Eve, one of the best nights of the year to earn. It used to be one of the best nights to earn. Now the only one who profits is U.

We look forward to ringing in the New Year with you. Thanks for making 2016 such a great year. It has been a banner year but not for drivers. We are making less and less.

Are you planning to drive on New Year’s Eve?

uber strike

Not driving.
1) having to deal with aggressive drunks and throw up.
2)Missed the last 2 New years. I'm gonna celebrate this year.
3) Too many ants. We have seen a decline of surge since incentives. I'm sure the ants will accept the 1.9 boost in place of the 5.9 surge.
4) It's a holiday. So if we are not going to get holiday pay might as well work on monday... it's the same pay anyway.

Enjoy your day off!!!

Last edited:

nostrils

I am sure you got the e-mail about New Year’s Eve. The mothership is probably getting an idea how much incentive they are going to offer. I dove last year and the people were horrible, rude, unpleasant, etc.

One really big night to earn? Really? There will probably be so many drivers that there will be little to no surge.

Want extra cash to kick off 2017? I sure do. Increase the fares. That would make a lot of drivers happy.

Just mark your calendars to drive on New Year’s Eve, one of the best nights of the year to earn. It used to be one of the best nights to earn. Now the only one who profits is U.

We look forward to ringing in the New Year with you. Thanks for making 2016 such a great year. It has been a banner year but not for drivers. We are making less and less.

Are you planning to drive on New Year’s Eve?
Last year was a total mess, I started out around 10 pm, got 3 or 4 rides from drunks who called uber the next day to request a refund then some girl who threw up all over the back of my car, my night ended before midnight.

Adieu

A driver told me last new year he made 400 in a day just saying
Not driving.
1) having to deal with aggressive drunks and throw up.
2)Missed the last 2 New years. I'm gonna celebrate this year.
3) Too many ants. We have seen a decline of surge since incentives. I'm sure the ants will accept the 1.9 surge in place of the 5.9
4) It's a holiday. So if we are not going to get holiday pay might as well work on monday... it's the same pay anyway.

Enjoy your day off!!!
JUST 5.9?????

But...but....that's available every week!!!

hy1368

So???
Some people have topped that on a random Tuesday...

That's a good day in August if you're miserly about odometer miles, and just a long good day with crazy mileage in November/December if you arent...

Besides NYE is already a weekend night that should be pulling in 300 without no holidays
Wel for new ants who make $100 a day driving base fares for 6-7 hours,a $300 a night would be a BIG SUPRISE for them.