• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Window Decal

JimKE

Personally, I'm keeping my Beacon, which I really do find helpful for pickups in crowded venues.

I have to admit, tho, that Uber really outdid themselves with this latest logo (the 3rd in the 2 years I've driven for them). I mean this decal really has it ALL -- it's got the U, the b, the e, AND the r!

I also really liked the super-helpful "Pro tips" on how to apply it. Turns out, it goes on the INSIDE of your front windshield. And in case you are too stupid to figure out the proper location, they have a diagram to help you through that crisis.

Really good job, Uber! This changes everything!

Uber's Guber

I have to admit, tho, that Uber really outdid themselves with this latest logo (the 3rd in the 2 years I've driven for them). I mean this decal really has it ALL -- it's got the U, the b, the e, AND the r!Really good job, Uber! This changes everything!
Yeah, a new logo AND a new app! Because drivers asked, and Uber listened! :rolleyes::wink:

911 Guy

My advice for anyone that in an area requiring signage is to save the new sticker and run with the old. Local regulations do not cover branding and you may need to pull your old sticker off or hockey puck down for insurance purposes. If someone hits me, the first thing I'm doing is pulling off the sticker. Yes, I am properly insured, but I don't want added hassle should it happen.

I have to admit, tho, that Uber really outdid themselves with this latest logo (the 3rd in the 2 years I've driven for them). I mean this decal really has it ALL -- it's got the U, the b, the e, AND the r!
Did you notice that it's printed the same on both sides now? They figured out that too many cars have heavily tinted rear windows, so it can be stuck on the OUTSIDE of the rear glass now! And they don't have to make a special exterior sticker any more! Weather resistant too!

Wonder how many drivers figure this one out! :eek: :facepalm:

Better still, I bet that nobody in support have any idea about this!!!! :rolleyes:

mimidae

Since my car is only an Uber car while I'm actively driving for Uber, there is no valid reason for the Uber logo to be displayed on my car when I'm not actively driving for Uber. Perhaps they should think about using something a little less permanent...taking that thing off the window and putting it back on every time I finish/start working is going to wear it out in a hurry.

mimidae

Order more.
Or I'll just continue using the easily removable, lighted signage I have been using. Less waste and hassle, and just as effective.

On a side note, I don't place my signage on the bottom corner of my windshield as they demand. Doing so creates an unsafe obstruction of a critical line of sight. Safety trumps all.

peteyvavs

Don't even waste your time installing decal. In two months, Uber will "update" the logo again.
It’s a requirement here in many places in Florida now, especially the airport which is going to be enforcing it. If you are caught picking up pax’s at the airport without displaying the logo you will be trespassed and never allowed to return to pick up pax’s.