1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New wave of drivers again

Discussion in 'Flex' started by jade88, Mar 31, 2018.

1. jade88

jade88

Has anyone noticed they hired a bunch of new drivers again? And just like a couple months ago, I’m not seeing the same blocks I normally would. Anyone else? :rolleyes:

2. What city are you in? Seems like it's hard to get a shift here in Dallas

Uber/Lyft likes this.
  3. uberstuper

uberstuper

Nope not here

4. jade88

jade88

Los Angeles. I mainly look for hw blocks.

5. I haven't noticed many new drivers but there has been lots of turnover with WH staff, and ID/load-in changes. (Seattle)

6. Amazon hires in new drivers from their waiting lists in almost every large city at least once a month. These cities are never posted on the Flex portal but are pulled from internal wait lists so just because your city isn't on the flex web site doesn't mean that Amazon isn't onboarding drivers in your area.

You can count on Amazon to continue to do this as there is no down side for them in having too many drivers. The only people who loose are the Flex drivers.

7. Bygosh

Bygosh

Yup they just hire off those on the waiting list and throw them reserve shifts for a few weeks. Then the noobs screw up and get fired or quit when they realize it's not what it looks like. Rinse and repeat.

8. Movaldriver

Movaldriver

This is happening in Riverside. Tons of new people again and blocks are drying up. The 9 am are almost non existent now. Seeing some mid day blocks usually starting around noon and they are a mess. One area then a bunch of spread out redelivery attempts that get thrown in.

Amsoil Uber Connect likes this.
  9. oicu812

oicu812

Wait till Amazon starts onboarding more people for the holidays. It's the same cycle over and over.

Dash_D_Cadet likes this.
  10. Yup. They just onboarded a bunch of people. Typical open routes are now reserved for the newbies. For now.

Dash_D_Cadet likes this.
  11. Woohaa

Woohaa

haven't seen a block in chino for a while. tons of hawthorne and east los angeles though. i just looked and there are many 3 and 4 hour shifts in hawthorne this morning alone. didn't take any though. hope to see shifts closer to my area.

12. New flex drivers are hungry for work. You older guys pass on blocks. So we just keep hiring. Fir us its about the delivery. NOT YOU

13. oicu812

oicu812

New guys are hungry for work until they can no longer get blocks because they've now become the older guys.

grams777 likes this.
  14. Bygosh

Bygosh

Lol new drivers are hungry. In my city the blocks are snatched in .00005 seconds and the noobs have no idea when they drop. Its impossible for them to get taken any quicker.

The few blocks that do sit it wouldnt matter if Amazon hired 100 million flex drivers because:

A) weather
    B) The pay is not enough for that particular time/day. Ie other gigs pay more during that slot.

Dash_D_Cadet likes this.
  15. those 4 hour evening blocks that we used to grab early in the morning Are gone. First they began disappearing from weekday shifts, but for the last few weeks of hey havent dropped on weekends either.

16. New wave of drivers again,

Or the customers are finding out how much they owe in taxes ?

ndigoboy likes this.
  17. As Amazon onboards more and more drivers they have a larger pool of drivers to offer reserves to so that mitigates the need to offer as many block drops as they used to.

18. Bygosh

Bygosh

Speaking of reserves, has anyone gotten any for the upcoming week? They come out Friday afternoon/night here but no one has received any yet this week.

19. oicu812

oicu812

20. Yes. They toss me 1 a week that I don't have to wake up early as **** for.