New Ventura Driver

Hello fellow drivers. I'm a newbie here and welcome any tips, advice, or feedback you can provide me. How is everyone doing, driving in Ventura? Do you also drive for Lyft? which one do you find more lucrative (if it's ok to say here). Going to go online for first time today and see how it goes.

I've heard from word of mouth that uber eats doesn't pay much in this area. Do you find this to be true? I'll hold off on Uber eats until i got my feet a bit wetter, lol.

Also, is there any number or part of app where I can simply "chat" with someone who could help me with anything? It gets frustrating talking to CSRs that are from India. Oh well!

Anyway, would love to hear from any of you, and get to know you or at least know more about the biz.

Cecily

jb91360

Good luck! Ventura county isn’t very busy; for me in the east county, the ratio for Uber/Lyft is about 8:1

I hear from the few other drivers I’ve met on the road in the east part that many head into west SFV or WLA as business is much, much busier. Obviously that wouldn’t work if you’re in Oxnard/Ventura.

I won’t do Uber Eats at all; tiny return for even more aggravation.

P3Christopher

Second all. I do not enjoy driving as far away as LA or "up the grade" However I find the following:

1. If I start in Camarillo eventually you are going to Newbury park/ thousand oaks.... that will lead to westlake village and then I have to drive somewhere to get rides again.
  2. If I start in Oxnard I might be there all night.
  3. ventura is fine but hard to stay in.... rides take yuo to the Nard or Camarillo evetnually.
  4. I reject 9 of 10 Ojai rides... often you get an Ojia ping that is for another Ojai location. In my limited experience you wil make very little money in Ojai.

Uber requests out number Lyft at a high ratio and Lyft seems to give me pings farther away.

LADriver

Hello fellow drivers. I'm a newbie here and welcome any tips, advice, or feedback you can provide me. How is everyone doing, driving in Ventura? Do you also drive for Lyft? which one do you find more lucrative (if it's ok to say here). Going to go online for first time today and see how it goes.

I've heard from word of mouth that uber eats doesn't pay much in this area. Do you find this to be true? I'll hold off on Uber eats until i got my feet a bit wetter, lol.

Also, is there any number or part of app where I can simply "chat" with someone who could help me with anything? It gets frustrating talking to CSRs that are from India. Oh well!

Anyway, would love to hear from any of you, and get to know you or at least know more about the biz.

Cecily
Hey Newbie!

Ventura County as a whole cannot compare to Los Angeles and Orange County in terms of demand and quality of rides. But, I'm glad UPN has started a separate Ventura section.

How do I know this? Glad you asked.

I driven limos in and out of Santa Barbara/Ventura/Oxnard/Newbury Park/T.O. since 1993. So, I know the area. When UBER came along in 2013, I advertised through Craiglist ads for LAX rides from Santa Barbara at the UBER rate of $125 (4 years ago). Now, it's more like $150 one way.

A seat on the Santa Barbara AirBus to LAX will run you $60. I have 4 seats for $125. So, when 2 people ride, I match their rate and I pick them up at their house! They don't have to take an UBER/LYFT to get to the bus stop. I provide door to door service. With a smile.

My clients love me for this.

Fortunately, I've built up a solid clientele of about 15 families that I now drive privately out of Santa Barbara. So, I'm up there regularly from L.A. I'm based in Hollywood. Driving a Prius at 50 MPG by the way.

The L.A. rideshare market is the size of Jupiter compared to the Ventura market. Which is like the size of Pluto.

So, if you want to earn more as a rideshare driver you have to take the plunge and drive into the deep L.A. market. The West Valley is the Weak Sister of L.A. I barely work there. The real money is in West Hollywood, Hollywood, Korea-Town, Downtown and the San Gabriel Valley.

Cheers.
---LADriver.

mnext02

Cecily
Plz quit. There are too many drivers. Its dead around here. Thx. No offense.

lmarl72936

carry Weed with you and slang it to PAX.. You will make lots of money in Thousand Oaks.. If you get caught, you will get slapped with a $300 fine which is no big deal.. Go buy bottom shelf weed from the Valley, come to TO and market it as top shelf and up sell for 2x the amount you bought if for.. Driving Uber and slanging in Ventura County is very profitable.
Cheers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello again!
A question for any veteran(experienced) Uber drivers. I've only been driving for over a month so I was wondering, when the gas prices go up....do the rates increase too, or are we going to feel the squeeze? I will not drive if I can't make a profit; I'm not against going to the next county(SB) to make more $, but I just wonder what the experience is for others. Thanks

mnext02

Hello again!
A question for any veteran(experienced) Uber drivers. I've only been driving for over a month so I was wondering, when the gas prices go up....do the rates increase too, or are we going to feel the squeeze? I will not drive if I can't make a profit; I'm not against going to the next county(SB) to make more $, but I just wonder what the experience is for others. Thanks
If you have a Prius you may be able to make $18/hr before expenses so you're better off working at Burger King

jb91360

Hello again!
Rates stay the same, the driver eats it. I’m expecting that before too long, the per mile rate will decrease as it just has in Los Angeles.
Post automatically merged:

Lyft seems to give me pings farther away.
And for reasons I’ve never figured out, Lyft pax seem to cancel far, far more often than Uber pax.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Second all. I do not enjoy driving as far away as LA or "up the grade" However I find the following:

1. If I start in Camarillo eventually you are going to Newbury park/ thousand oaks.... that will lead to westlake village and then I have to drive somewhere to get rides again.
  2. If I start in Oxnard I might be there all night.
  3. ventura is fine but hard to stay in.... rides take yuo to the Nard or Camarillo evetnually.
  4. I reject 9 of 10 Ojai rides... often you get an Ojia ping that is for another Ojai location. In my limited experience you wil make very little money in Ojai.

Uber requests out number Lyft at a high ratio and Lyft seems to give me pings farther away.
I have to say, regarding Ojai, if you stay up there on the weekends(haven't done week days) you can actually stay busy. I stayed up there all day for Cinco de Mayo and made as much as I would if I was in Santa Barbara. I think it's just the luck of the draw really; no way to predict it being busy or not. I am partial to Ojai, I grew up there, and love a chance to drive around up there.

Rates stay the same, the driver eats it. I’m expecting that before too long, the per mile rate will decrease as it just has in Los Angeles.

And for reasons I’ve never figured out, Lyft pax seem to cancel far, far more often than Uber pax.
Omg yes, Lyfters always cancelling. Funny thing is, I don't care. I prefer uber clientelle over Lyft because for whatever reason, they're just a bit more classy. I use lyft only when Uber isn't active.