burgerflipper

Hey guys, I'm currently doing Uber in NYC but plans are in motion to move (not 100% sure yet that it's to Philly though). I know the money's not as good here but my question is can I have NYS registration for my vehicle or do I need PA registration? Thanks, bf

anteetr

Technically you need a PA inspection sticker, but your car can be registered outside of PA. That said, that technicality is unenforced in Philadelphia and the 4 counties that border it in PA. Philly is full of drivers from NJ and DE and none have the PA inspection the law requires. I've seen a fair amount of TLC cars too, but couldn't confirm they were Ubers as nearly all of the TLCs I see in Philly are black suburbans or other obvious black car base models.

If you've been to Philly and you can go online with your TLC car and get pings you're all set.

Getting the @@@@ out of NYC is one of the smartest choices you will ever make. I don't know why I didn't leave sooner.

Dickie Duncan

Hey guys, I'm currently doing Uber in NYC but plans are in motion to move (not 100% sure yet that it's to Philly though). I know the money's not as good here but my question is can I have NYS registration for my vehicle or do I need PA registration? Thanks, bf
NYE I saw an Uber driver with Georgia plates so you should be fine.

Nitedriver

Technically you need a PA inspection sticker, but your car can be registered outside of PA. That said, that technicality is unenforced in Philadelphia and the 4 counties that border it in PA. Philly is full of drivers from NJ and DE and none have the PA inspection the law requires. I've seen a fair amount of TLC cars too, but couldn't confirm they were Ubers as nearly all of the TLCs I see in Philly are black suburbans or other obvious black car base models.

If you've been to Philly and you can go online with your TLC car and get pings you're all set.

Getting the &%[email protected]!* out of NYC is one of the smartest choices you will ever make. I don't know why I didn't leave sooner.
can't believe that we have so many out of state plates, are we the only one which accepts about 5 or 6 out of state drivers ?? It's ridiculous...

Ted L.

You only need the inspection sticker if your primary market is in PA. Out of state drivers don't need it unless they want to take advantage of PA boost zones.