• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

new update has Waze as gps

ladyanya

I am so excited uber finally did something that makes sense
Waze is now implemented as their GPS a small step to making things allot easier

Mr_Frenchie

I tired Waze. Going back to Google.

Tired of pop-up. The road closure and traffic is not a big improvement over google.

Also, it’s much harder to read than google. Why do people like Waze? I just don’t see the advantage.

ladyanya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
we can agree to disagree In my opinion it's a greater advantage when navigating through the city the eta is more accurate and when there's traffic it provides you with an alternate route immediately with Google maps within uber those options don't exist your just following the voice without even a listed direction

Skyhakw2472

Drivers have the option of Waze, Google Maps, Uber or they can choose what to use each and every time, why the last option I never know, but as far as driving to the pin I think Uber maps is probably the best. I always use Waze mainly because I believe the traffic to be the most accurate. However I see my passengers occasionally have Google Maps open, so I may try that and see how it works. Of course if you go into settings from the Uber app on the phone you will have the choice to make a change if you picked one navigation app and decide to try another. I love the fact that everything is integrated so you don't have to enter the address in, you can navigate and go. Saves everyone time.

Skyhakw2472

How do I turn of the ads? LOL KTC, DD, WF Bank, etc
I don't know if you can. The ads should only pop up while you are completely stopped. The go away when you are moving once again. I don't even notice them anymore, not sure they are actually getting any kind of positive traffic from the ads.

atthehop

You can but the phone need to be rooted and a line added to the hosts file. If your a novice leave it alone.

Uber-As*

Yes the ads disappear as soon as you start to move but Waze is like the facebook of Traffic - its real time updates to police speeding traps, traffic jams, accidents, road hazards. You can change the colors of the map so its easier to read but I swear by it and now that Uber finally put it in as an option life is so much easier. Now if we could get all the Uber drivers in each town to list their Waze names we could get Waze chats going and create surges by telling everyone to go offlne at x hour and stay offline for 30 minutes or watch the PAX app and wait for the surge to hit. To me that's really working the system.