New Update! eats

BramasoleATX

The new update is here for Austin. Uber Eats goes live in Austin tomorrow, Wednesday 8/19.

It will be really interesting to watch the feedback come in from those who signed up for it

GDB

Users will pay $1 for the first 2 weeks of this. Any driver who does this for the normal fee of $3.00 is just plain - not smart. Even papa johns charges a $2.45 delivery fee to cover their expenses. Following that model you make $0.55 per delivery.

You will have to go to the restaurant, find a parking space, wait for the food, go to the address or pin provided, find a parking space, deliver it (probably cold), explain why the order isn't what they ordered and why it took more than 10 minutes to deliver to an address that may not be correct. Whops, there goes your tip... And 30-45 minutes of your life.:cool:

Dine On Demand offers the same service. I spoke to one of the drivers about it. His policy is no deliveries over 5 miles. He didn't look too happy.

Quit über while you still can.

Last edited:

GDB

I have a friend who is going to do it. I'll report back her feelings about it when I hear.
Ask her if she suspects why they asked her? Females preferred? Was it her rating? Time as a driver?

Just wondering who their targeting for drivers...

Rober Saunder

You'd have to know this woman. Very strong, independent, smart, whole 9 yards type. Never does anything part way. So she is an Uber golden girl. She told me that as you work, Uber considers what you've done and if you meet certain criteria they may give you offers that not everyone gets. That said, she was offered Eats.

You know how there's guarantees? When you get above 200 rides a month it's possible they may offer other, better guarantees and/or opportunities. This is how you reach the fabled $1k a week mark you've heard about.

Stratos

A lot is also based off your star rate. From what I've seen 4.9's and above are the ones who have been offered.

Nate R

So what Uber is saying is that their "top tier" (4.7+) drivers aren't good enough. You must be top, top tier...

Stratos

So what Uber is saying is that their "top tier" (4.7+) drivers aren't good enough. You must be top, top tier...
Yeah only the best of the best get to deliver food. In other words only those select few are as good as your local pizza delivery driver. The rest of us are scum.

Rober Saunder

I'm not gonna put words in Ubers mouth. Her husband, who also drives, said she just does everything Uber asks her to do (whatever that means). Sounds simple enough. Uber really hasn't asked me to do anything besides get out and drive. Then again I haven't hit 200 rides in a month yet. I'm on target for that this month. So, we shall see.

ATX 22

Robert, my take is if they thought they could sell all of us on doing it, they would. The secrecy, or perceived secrecy, is really an indication that they know the majority of drivers would simply say #uberoff

Rober Saunder

All I know is she attended a meeting that was the unveiling of the Eats program. It was explained in detail and Q&A ensued. She said it seems a solid program. She was also in on the Pool program which she said is good. None of this is gonna happen for drivers who don't really go for it. They're looking for serious, full time + drivers. Nothing wrong with PT if that floats your boat, but if you wanna rock, you gotta show them something. Savy?

GDB

RS keep us posted on her results. I don't see how it could be profitable, aside from tips most people give when they order food. As far as I know only a couple restaurant signed up with über for this service.

You thought cab drivers were upset, how many delivery drivers are now at risk of losing their livelihoods? These false economies are destroying this once great nation.

Toddal

Ask her if she suspects why they asked her? Females preferred? Was it her rating? Time as a driver?

Just wondering who their targeting for drivers...
It was a universal opt in to my knowledge. I imagine the vast majority opted out. This thing will almost certainly fail.

Rober Saunder

Me, I'm retired, so I have to consider payback to Social Security. Not to mention do I really want to work that much. I'm supposed to be slowing down LOL! Then again, I have some debt I want to take care of before I go pick out my rocking chair. So, whatever gets me on the fast track is what's appealing to me right now.