New uberjump

scott huston

I get a ping to pickup someone at midland and ellesmere at a small plaza. Two guys are standing by a car and one of them says "Hey uber guy you're my hero, I really need a boost my battery died"
I politely told them to call CAA and moved on. (he cancelled as we were speaking) Now would anyone order a pizza? Call a plumber? Call a cab? Just for a jump, I think not.

NFIH

I was going to post a thread about "strangest pickups" but this one will do.

I got a call last week to what I confirmed with a call was the middle of the QEW--literally on the side of the highway. After some back and forth because the guy on the other line spoke poor English, and my initial refusal to make the pickup because of the dangerous location, I decided to give it a shot. Turns out the guy was himself an Uber driver and his car got a flat while taking a passenger. He begged me to take his passenger. So I got on the QEW and pulled over on the side of the highway just west of the Prince Edward exit. Sure enough, a young woman gets out of his car, gets into mine and I take her to Sherway Gardens, about three clicks away. Oh well, at least it was 1.7x surge. Got me like a whole $5 or$6.

One Star

Now would anyone order a pizza? Call a plumber? Call a cab? Just for a jump, I think not.
Taxis give boosts all the time. We charge $25.00, about half what a tow truck would charge.
On cold winter days, our company does at least 5-10 boosts a day.

Looks like your "I think not" attitude cost you an opportunity to make a quick buck off platform without Uber getting a cut.

ap1342

Taxis give boosts all the time. We charge $25.00, about half what a tow truck would charge.

Looks like your "I think not" attitude cost you an opportunity to make a quick buck off platform without Uber getting a cut.
Do you have to charge for boosting another car?

scott huston

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On cold winter days, our company does at least 5-10 boosts a day.

He specifically said he had no money

UberxGTA

I was going to post a thread about "strangest pickups" but this one will do.

I got a call last week to what I confirmed with a call was the middle of the QEW--literally on the side of the highway. After some back and forth because the guy on the other line spoke poor English, and my initial refusal to make the pickup because of the dangerous location, I decided to give it a shot. Turns out the guy was himself an Uber driver and his car got a flat while taking a passenger. He begged me to take his passenger. So I got on the QEW and pulled over on the side of the highway just west of the Prince Edward exit. Sure enough, a young woman gets out of his car, gets into mine and I take her to Sherway Gardens, about three clicks away. Oh well, at least it was 1.7x surge. Got me like a whole $5 or$6.
Had a flat with a pax too once. I pulled into a near gas station to change the tire and the pax had to walk the 3-4 km left.