New Uber Signage Arrived

Did you receive your new Uber Stickers by the promised date ????

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hugh G

are you supposed to change the signs each time you pick up for a different rideshare?
Yes, please comply with our program.

• When you turn your app off for a bowel movement, or similar bodily function, please ensure you remove BOTH your stickers.
  • When you take the kids to school, or the wife to the hairdresser, please ensure you remove BOTH your stickers.
  • When you have dropped off your ride and turn your app off to go to dinner , please ensure you remove BOTH your stickers.
We thank you for your understanding and continued compliance with these guidelines

PersonalisedTransport.jpg

Golfer

I'd agree with that.
I think generic signage is the way to go.
Obviously it would be easier for pax to spot a branded sticker.
May be generic rideshare signs back and front, then a sleeve that slips on a sun visor that says oober or gocatch, or shebab, or kebab depending on who you're driving 'for' at the time...
Now that you have brought Uber Eats into it ,with your reference to kebabs, shebabs etc,
I'll ask a question, if you do only Eats , do these signage requirements apply??

Duckie

So if you convert your CTP over to part 26, if you stop driving for UBER you can switch your CTP back to just private use for the part 4 can't you? But I guess the fact your vehicle was a rideshare will always remain

Hugh G

So if you convert your CTP over to part 26, if you stop driving for UBER you can switch your CTP back to just private use for the part 4 can't you? But I guess the fact your vehicle was a rideshare will always remain
+1

This week I went to Dept Transport and Main Roads to renew my Rego.

I requested that the CTP be changed to Class 26 - "Not a problem !" was the reply from the Clerk.

I soon found out you CANNOT change to CLASS 26 unless you also update "Purpose of Use" to Rideshare.

It is the "Purpose of Use" which appears on the REGO eg Private, Rideshare etc

This confirmed to me that once you go over to "THE DARK SIDE" and sign up for "RIDESHARE" and Class 26 CTP then your vehicle will be perpetually tainted.

This will result in your vehicle be depreciated at a MUCH quicker rate - the NEWER the vehicle then the more the dollar hit to your car's worth. IE If you are driving a $7k car the effect will be negligible, if you are driving a 1 year old $45k vehicle then car dealers will offer you SH*T for a trade in. For those who then say "well I'll sell it private" then the only option would be someone with CASH as the lending agents will also devalue your car and limit the loan amount to a prospective purchaser.

Last edited:

Thing

+1

This week I went to Dept Transport and Main Roads to renew my Rego.

I requested that the CTP be changed to Class 26 - "Not a problem !" was the reply from the Clerk.

I soon found out you CANNOT change to CLASS 26 unless you also update "Purpose of Use" to Rideshare.

It is the "Purpose of Use" which appears on the REGO eg Private, Rideshare etc

This confirmed to me that once you go over to "THE DARK SIDE" and sign up for "RIDESHARE" and Class 26 CTP then your vehicle will be perpetually tainted.

This will result in your vehicle be depreciated at a MUCH quicker rate - the NEWER the vehicle then the more the dollar hit to your car's worth. IE If you are driving a $7k car the effect will be negligible, if you are driving a 1 year old $45k vehicle then car dealers will offer you SH*T for a trade in. For those who then say "well I'll sell it private" then the only option would be someone with CASH as the lending agents will also devalue your car and limit the loan amount to a prospective purchaser.
Which is why Uber always win, they don't have to ever concern themselves about cars, values, selling etc etc -

& this is why I am amazed people still drive for them without a rate increase. Uber have done nothing to compensate drivers for more financial losses. I suppose they don't have to because so many continue to sign up to drive ...

I wonder what the true value of Qld rates actually are now..??

Base rate $1 + per min time less vehicle expenses. What are the vehicle expenses now? Rego, fuel, licence fees, repairs, depreciation etc etc.

How much is depreciation now? You buy a car for $20K, its now tainted with the rideshare rego purpose of use & how much does that devalue the car? What % of the $1 per km rate is further lessened as you clock up the km's of your now rideshare tainted registered car :eek: - I don't know how you would work it out, but it just further devalues each fare from Uber for driving.

Golfer

I've now done quite a bit of reading around the forums and conducted quite a bit of research into this sticker issue.
I feel this research, is for the greater good of the Über driver brotherhood. The purpose of my research was to conduct a line of enquiry to determine whether there was any specific regulation which forbids the embellishment, adorning or just pimping up in general of the sticker / sign.

I couldn't find any such prohibition or proscription. :smiles:
Open slather, time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm sure this will change soon, now that I am bringing it to everyone's attention, but there may be a small window of opportunity in the meantime, to fire up your creative juices and add endorsements to your standard Über sticker. Just imagine. You can add glitter, you can surround with cotton wool to give a cloud 9 feeling, add text to delight yourself, your riders and the authorities. Add your favourite beer logo. Maybe little stickers on the Über sticker. Bikini babe stickers, Spongebob Squarepants, Homer Simpson,......let your imagination go wild. :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm going to keep mine relatively simple. Straight to the point. Please don't copy mine as I have already consulted with my pole dancing lawyer and she is in the process of finalising copyright.

Mine is below. Go your hardest and lets see what we can come up with.
I might post this in the ADL and SYD forums as well and we can get a bit of a competition going. :smiles:

View attachment 166875
Mr Galt with all your research ,into the sticker issue ,
I stumbled on something you may have missed, in a shopping car park today ,
I noticed an uber car there ?
Or was it? This car had 2 shiny stickers , as I walked away , it struck me me they were exceedingly shiny ,on turning around ,and on closer inspection ,
They were in fact two CD' s lovely home made jobs , no more sticking and unsticking for this clever chap, he had them jammed wher the window meets the back shelf !!!
My question to you is this legal .
Obviously if they were
Kamahl or Elvis
Highly illegal & and he would have been reported by me without hesitation ,
Unfortunately have know idea how to do screen shot

Last edited:

Who is John Galt?

Mr Galt with all your research ,into the sticker issue ,
I stumbled on something you may have missed, in a shopping car park today ,
I noticed an uber car there ?
Or was it? This car had 2 shiny stickers , as I walked away , it struck me me they were exceedingly shiny ,on turning around ,and on closer inspection ,
They were in fact two CD' s lovely home made jobs , no more sticking and unsticking for this clever chap, he had them jammed wher the window meets the back shelf !!!
My question to you is this legal .
Obviously if they were
Kamahl or Elvis
Highly illegal & and he would have reported by me without hesitation ,
Wow! This is indeed disturbing.
Golfer, in all fairness I believe this requires further investigation for a reasoned and measured response. This is certainly something that has gone to the top of my list and all girls will be left wanting until I get a firm resolution in place. :biggrin:
You can be assured that this issue has been given my very highest priority.

Kamahl or Elvis....?
Why are people so unkind....?

Golfer

Wow! This is indeed disturbing.
Golfer, in all fairness I believe this requires further investigation for a reasoned and measured response. This is certainly something that has gone to the top of my list and all girls will be left wanting until I get a firm resolution in place. :biggrin:
You can be assured that this issue has been given my very highest priority.

Kamahl or Elvis....?
Why are people so unkind....?
I knew it would receive high priority from you . And you would be "straight onto it"
Tools required
Black Texta
An old CD
Purpose to duplicate ubers ensignia, and to fool The TMR with forgery
After that perhaps Bank Notes