New Uber Signage Arrived

Did you receive your new Uber Stickers by the promised date ????

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bluey

Stickers arrived today.
Does anyone here drive for go catch, and if you do, do you have to have a sticker front and back?

KawanaPete

I saw a newish Camry when picking up my wife from work go past me, it had the new stickers on.
Mine were in the letter box when i got home. They are not to big, and why is a lot of people complaining about advertising for oober?
They are paying you ( not much at all) More people might become pax if they see we work for oober.
I ma ready to be shot down in flames for saying this.

Bandy

I saw a newish Camry when picking up my wife from work go past me, it had the new stickers on.
Mine were in the letter box when i got home. They are not to big, and why is a lot of people complaining about advertising for oober?
They are paying you ( not much at all) More people might become pax if they see we work for oober.
No, I understand the point you've made.
But oobers track record speaks for itself. Promote free drinks and mints, subsidise rides for new pax, increase pax numbers, reduce real hourly rate for drivers, recruit more drivers.
Another way of looking at it, the more pax that get on board and use oober, the less drivers make per hour.
It's cyclic. It's what happens. Over and over and over again. It's fact!

Bandy

I'd agree with that.
I think generic signage is the way to go.
Obviously it would be easier for pax to spot a branded sticker.
May be generic rideshare signs back and front, then a sleeve that slips on a sun visor that says oober or gocatch, or shebab, or kebab depending on who you're driving 'for' at the time...

Golfer

Bang bang
Sorry KP couldn't resist the opportunity!!

Hugh G

They are not to big, and why is a lot of people complaining about advertising for oober?

Some might say these new FRONT/REAR stickers now increase the size of the target of the vehicles by the following:
  • DTMR Compliance Officers
  • Police Officers
  • Irate Taxi Drivers (both in and out of their vehicles)
  • Disgruntled Uber passengers.
There are numerous incidents reported on this forum of the above, also damage done to cars with this advertising.

As we are not able to be (legally) hailed it appears to me just to be a quick way of identifying rideshare vehicles by the above.

Golfer

Stickers arrived today.
Does anyone here drive for go catch, and if you do, do you have to have a sticker front and back?
From what I read Blue ,they all have been notified by the TMR , and have to comply , go catch, lyft, Sheeda etc.

Thing

Hoping I'll get away with my homemade " booked hire" till Dec. Fingers crossed
I had a run in with DMR @@@@@@ late last year about 'booked hire' sign I had in my car, he argued it was in wrong place, wrong size etc - so I quoted a section of the traffic regs about obscured vision - he wouldn't write ticket, but as per usual he wouldn't admit there was a conflict & told me to change it.

I said I never will & I'd take it to court, that pissed him off lol.. jerks :cool:

Thing

are you supposed to change the signs each time you pick up for a different rideshare?

AvengingxxAngel

Some might say these new FRONT/REAR stickers now increase the size of the target of the vehicles by the following:
  • DTMR Compliance Officers
  • Police Officers
  • Irate Taxi Drivers (both in and out of their vehicles)
  • Disgruntled Uber passengers.
There are numerous incidents reported on this forum of the above, also damage done to cars with this advertising.

As we are not able to be (legally) hailed it appears to me just to be a quick way of identifying rideshare vehicles by the above.
Exactly!! Got mine, they're big! I was thinking no more bus stop pick ups or drop off, no more yellow line pick ups, no more taxi bay drop offs, now the mission is getting that through to passengers.
I'll now be driving by passengers, ringing them and telling them to walk to me. With all these new costs, I can't afford to pay for potential fines.