New Uber Pool rules ...Just like Lyft they add up riders.

FARIS

Hi guys so I recieved an email from Uber today says that the Uber pool will be just like left , we don't have option to accept they just add it and you have to use uber gps (sucks).
It is getting worst .

NachonCheeze

I wonder what would happen if you go into airplane mode and then turn back on when you get near the drop off. I have had instances where I have completely lost communication with the mother ship and then when I get back into reception the app picks up where it left off.

dnlbaboof

this is a nightmare. pax with 3.0 ratings, annoyed pax when you have to make 3 stops lower ratings and more cancellations. its going to be real bad in the crowded cities driving. Im going to cut down on uber its getting too stressful, pool has ruined uber.

uberdriverfornow

At the same time they are introducing "log off during ride" mode !! This is the only way to prevent them from doing this crap so everyone take advantage of it on every ride! When you start the ride, just log out and no more "auto adds"!

dnlbaboof

At the same time they are introducing "log off during ride" mode !! This is the only way to prevent them from doing this crap so everyone take advantage of it on every ride! When you start the ride, just log out and no more "auto adds"!
isnt this feauture only enabled when you have given a ton of rides in a row, no way you can use it all the time...

uberdriverfornow

Is this only in certain regions? I haven't seen this in my app, but maybe I just missed it because I didn't know to look for it. Where would I find that option?
It hasn't rolled out yet, it sounds like they are trying to time it so that people will not get mad at the "auto add" option so they are releasing them at the same time. They are trying to get people to not realize what they are up to.

from the email I got about five hours ago...

Second new feature: Pause back-to-back trip requests

Need a break or ready to call it a day? Now you can stop new requests from coming in while you’re completing your last trip.

This way you won’t have to decline or cancel trip requests when your last rider is in the car. Simply tap the ‘Go Online’ toggle when you’re ready to get back on the road.

Flarpy

If it's anything like Lyft, "Last Ride" mode won't stop new Line/Pool rider additions, because Line/Pool is considered one "trip." It will only take effect if the last Line/Pool rider is dropped off before another Line/Pool request comes in.

Otherwise, what would be the point of Pool if drivers could just turn it off?

I could be wrong though, I've never driven for Uber.