• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Uber logo + corporate propaganda

Marco Solo

20180912_120210.jpg
(From another forum)

"This week we’re unveiling a new company mission to employees, and we want to share it with you too—our partner in building this business:

We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion.
For you, this means we will always work to provide you with more and better opportunities.

This ongoing commitment began last year with 180 Days of Change, and in the next few months you'll see the first of many new improvements we're excited to bring you this year and into 2019:

• Being a trusted partner in your work.That means dependable earning opportunities day in and day out, with more consistent pricing, improved promotions, and more information to help you make the most of your time.

• Rewarding and recognizing your commitment. You’ll have new opportunities for meaningful rewards when you consistently provide great service.

• Supporting your ambition. We want to help you achieve your goals—on and off the road.
Today you'll start seeing our new logo. It’s clear and recognizable and will make it even easier for riders to find you. We'll let you know when new stickers are available for your car later this year.

Thank you for your dedication and partnership. We’re more excited than ever to move forward with you.

K-pax

We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion.

Wtf does this even mean? Lol
They probably originally put ‘set the world on fire’ but their legal team was like.... ummmm no no you can’t say that.

Last edited:

signal11

They're lucky that I even use the old one. (and only at the airport)
Same. I have the TNC sticker and an Uber sticker stuck onto static PVC that I slap on and pull off as get a rematch and drop it off.

No change. It's still sitting unused.
Could sell it on ebay. Sold my Lyft Amp for $70. I'm going to go get another one. Though this one I might keep. Maybe. I wonder how often I could pick up an Amp and sell it before they wise up?

Brunch

The Uber app icon has changed for the passenger app, but the driver app is the same. What does it mean?!?!

GT500KR

They probably originally put ‘set the world on fire’ but their legal team was like.... ummmm no no you can’t say that.
Def Leppard would sue. My slogan would be "Gunter Glieben Glocken Globen" New lyrics set to "Rock of Ages" "We got firearms" We're fearless at Club Amber, and their is no cure"

Travis took a lot of time and effort to come up with the "bit" based logo scheme.

This is a full-on abandonment of the Travis-era logo scheme.

https://www.wired.com/2016/02/the-inside-story-behind-ubers-colorful-redesign/
Also dumping the emphasis on 5 star service. The era of Dara is like a Japanese tanker in 1944. Headed straight for the bottom soon, market wise and literally.

Sea Ant

These emails from Lyft. What do they mean. Good Christ.

Account Update

Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it's important that you're there for them. We've reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you'll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.

It's best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break.

dimwit_driver

These emails from Lyft. What do they mean. Good Christ.

Account Update

Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it's important that you're there for them. We've reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you'll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.

It's best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break.
They mean you're doin' it right.