1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

New Uber driver help !

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by Vladdz, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Vladdz

Vladdz New Member

Hello , I'm new to the Uber world! Unfortunately I can't get into any rentals. So I decided to just finance my car , I went to a dealership was looking at this Accord SE , I was told to just buy the car and have everything under my name (said the TLC Insurance broker ) . I'm getting ready to buy the Car and the dealer ask me about insurance and I told him it's for tlc and he said "yeah but how you gonna drive the car outta here " and he had a POINT ! ...
    So here is my question do I need to buy insurance AND then buy tlc insurance ?

2. NachonCheeze

NachonCheeze Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I dont know about the insurance.

Before you make a big purchase be sure and understand if you will make any real money at this.....find some uber drivers (use the passenger app) and go ask some questions.

3. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Of course you need to buy insurance, you'll be driving the car outside of Rideshare too right?

NY may be different for TLCs, but I have hybrid insurance that covers my personal driving and rideshare driving. Not sure if such a Rideshare Endorsement is what you mean by TLC insurance?

4. Vladdz

Vladdz New Member

Yes ! That I know ! Everyone needs insurance to drive it around , here in ny a lot of Uber driver just get full coverage tlc insurance and drive it out of ridesharing . That was my plan as well

5. Vladdz

Vladdz New Member

I've seen the money Uber driver make and I am convinced that Uber is where I wanna be at this point !! Haha well in NY at least