New UBER CEO to get behind the wheel?

Fuberal

Meet Uber's new CEO

Improving the driver experience is a top priority for Dara Khosrowshahi, who joined Uber on September 5. In his first 2 weeks as CEO, Dara sat down with drivers at a local Greenlight Hub and met with the 180 Days of Change team. This week, he's getting behind the wheel to drive.

On meeting drivers:
"I got to meet some of the awesome drivers who make Uber what it is. Lots of honest feedback and even more opportunity!"

Alt-right Leader

Meet Uber's new CEO

Improving the driver experience is a top priority for Dara Khosrowshahi, who joined Uber on September 5. In his first 2 weeks as CEO, Dara sat down with drivers at a local Greenlight Hub and met with the 180 Days of Change team. This week, he's getting behind the wheel to drive.

On meeting drivers:
"I got to meet some of the awesome drivers who make Uber what it is. Lots of honest feedback and even more opportunity!"

Awesome drivers? Has he been drinking the Lyft koolade?

FreakOfNature

You know who I'd like to see driving? The techs that work on the app. I'm convinced having a driver's license isn't a requirement for the job. Like that semi new function that says drive closer to the Pax. Really?! What are we suppose to do just stop dead in the street and wait right in front of the address and just block traffic? I mean c'mon, we are constantly making judgment calls on how to deal with pick ups and drop offs at addresses that don't have a safe place to stop. The techs should be required to drive before working on the app.

Alt-right Leader

I formally invite him to the pigpen. I want him to know what a trip to Venice or El Segundo is like after sitting an hour in queue and traffic. Please Dara come play with us, we won't bite.
With up front pricing to go to MDR is like going to Pasadena for their cut. You not so much, but happy Anting anyway!!

daveportney

Meet Uber's new CEO

On meeting drivers:

Anyone else find it unsettling that you can pick out uber drivers outside of their cars. Everywhere I go I know 9/10 times if some is a driver. Sucks. I don't want this kind of power anymore.

Alt-right Leader

You know who I'd like to see driving? The techs that work on the app. I'm convinced having a driver's license isn't a requirement for the job. Like that semi new function that says drive closer to the Pax. Really?! What are we suppose to do just stop dead in the street and wait right in front of the address and just block traffic? I mean c'mon, we are constantly making judgment calls on how to deal with pick ups and drop offs at addresses that don't have a safe place to stop. The techs should be required to drive before working on the app.
I don't even like them as passengers, none of them know how to drive or brush their teeth.

DeplorableDonald

Or when you stop in front of a house, the house is set back from the street a little but there's no driveway and you get the 'drive closer' pop-up. WTF am I supposed to do? Drive on the goddamn grass? Give them a lawn job?

I will bet Dara gets zero Pool or pukers

arto71

I formally invite him to the pigpen. I want him to know what a trip to Venice or El Segundo is like after sitting an hour in queue and traffic. Please Dara come play with us, we won't bite.
He might get Accidental surge ,come to Burbank airport Dara and taste never ending your own medicine ,surge suppression ,again.
IMG_3415.PNG

SorryBluetoothOnly

Anyone else find it unsettling that you can pick out uber drivers outside of their cars. Everywhere I go I know 9/10 times if some is a driver. Sucks. I don't want this kind of power anymore.

That's a crappy superhero power. Not only is it useless but it's wrong 10% of the time.

It's kind of like when the Griffins from Family Guy got doused in radioactive fluid and Meg's superpower was the ability to grow her fingernails really fast.

joetheuberdriver

Rajiv is driving rickshaw in kalkuta. That is side gig

Meet Uber's new CEO

On meeting drivers:

Which of these "nice" pips is ceo?

Fuberal

I think it should be mandatory to drive for each Uber employee just for 30 days, especially those code writing millennials, let's see if they survive.

I think it should be mandatory to drive for each Uber employee just for 30 days, especially those code writing millennials, let's see if they survive.
It'll be funny if someone pukes in his car, get a ticket at a pickup for parking on red, get into a fender bender at the airport and get rated 1's by a few Pool pax.

He might get Accidental surge ,come to Burbank airport Dara and taste never ending your own medicine ,surge suppression ,again. View attachment 160739
Holy crap, I was there at the same time, didn't pick up on a 45+ base ride, refuse to do it at rush hour, I'm sure some other ant got it.