New traffic law is coming.

Mvlab

We will have a new traffic law soon- no use of portable electronic devices on the go other than turning them on or off. Any thoughts of how it will affect ride-sharing? For example- we will not be able to accept pings while driving (legally)- bye-bye stacked pings and precious diamond drivers' acceptance rate, etc.

64opel

We will have a new traffic law soon- no use of portable electronic devices on the go other than turning them on or off. Any thoughts of how it will affect ride-sharing? For example- we will not be able to accept pings while driving (legally)- bye-bye stacked pings and precious diamond drivers' acceptance rate, etc.
We should be the exception, by the way, who is enforcing the texting ban law,still seeing a bunch of people texting and driving

Mvlab

We should be the exception, by the way, who is enforcing the texting ban law,still seeing a bunch of people texting and driving
People break various laws all the time, that's true. About "texting" enforcement- drive in Cambridge around Central-Harvard Sq. texting, test your luck. And I don't think that we will be an exception. Here is another issue- by giving drivers stacked pings and providing "benefits" for acceptance rate Uber technically encourage drivers to break the law.

Veal66

No use of portable devices other than turning on or off is not accurate. Here's the key language in the proposal:

"The bill would prohibit anyone operating a vehicle from viewing video content and touching or holding a mobile electronic device, except to perform a single tap or swipe to activate or deactivate hands-free mode or a navigation device." added emphasis is mine.

I think this language allows for the operation of accepting pings (single taps), starting and ending rides (swipes), and operating the NAV through your phone.

Arb Watson

Fluff. Nobody follows any rules in Mass. I see so many cars blow red lights, block intersections, double park etc.

Shmo313

Fluff. Nobody follows any rules in Mass. I see so many cars blow red lights, block intersections, double park etc.
Biggest pet peeve of mine is people that "block the box." I've seen it happen with cops right there and they do nothing about it when it's a fineable offense. And it pisses me off even more when the light is green but I'll wait to make sure I can make it thru before the light turns red and the people behind you lay on their horn or cut around you and then get stuck in the middle.

Kos

For safety prospect lyft has better system when it comes to stacked rides. They just add the next ride in a queue. With uber you have to take your eyes of the road when they ping us with next request.

Tysmith95

The current texting law is way too difficult to police, it's impossible to tell the difference between someone tapping in an address or someone texting.

BeantownZombie

I've blow red lights with cops sitting next to me. I am really good with yellow lights. They dont enforce shit. I got into an arguement with massport @@@@@@@ over my trade dress still waiting for my 200 dollar ticket. According to him I can only have the once issued by Lyft or uber. How about the lights on when wipers on, no one enforces that crap either.
Post automatically merged:

I heard that story last week. Loved it.