New to UBER

Y0-Y0

Hi I am new to UBER - Perth.

I have few questions and I am sure experts over here can help me out.

1. I am using my 4 yr old Toyota and it is classified as class 1A, if i change to class 3F does it mean i am registering my car as business ?

2. Do i need to pay the difference in price when i change from 1A to 3F?

3. My Insurance is with SGIO and I have comprehensive insurance, do i need to change any thing in my insurance? UBRE requirements are compulsory third party (CTP) and I believe my comprehensive insurance will cover this. - Please advise.

4. Is T extension compulsory? I am sorry, I was told this is not a compulsory. If we need this how long it will take for us to get this from DoT?

I have submitted few of my documents like passport and drivers licence. I have received an email from National Crime Check, is this something UBER requested or a spam.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Yo-Yo

Happypete

Welcome
Like Craig

1. I changed the licence to 3f. This required a DOT vehicle check at a cost of $95 at a registered service centre. I did not change name details on the licence but I do have an ABN to run the UBER business.
This is required and registered for GST.
there are business advantages here that you must understand and run properly.
Keep good records of what are are doing out there or you will get burnt by the ATO.

2. Yes I paid the licence difference as well as a transfer fee of $295.

3. I'm with RAC. I told them I will UBER and they upgraded the insurance to cover. I am restricted to 30 hours in 7 day period. Okay for me.

4. I got a F extension to my drivers licence. This includes a medical at local doctor. Form down loaded from DOT SITE.

5 months ago this whole process took a total cost of $750 and about 6 weeks of processing.

The police check is part of UBERS requirements.
All the best
The returns are only just enough as a part time job.

BusyBee

Hi I am new to UBER - Perth.

I have few questions and I am sure experts over here can help me out.

1. I am using my 4 yr old Toyota and it is classified as class 1A, if i change to class 3F does it mean i am registering my car as business ?

2. Do i need to pay the difference in price when i change from 1A to 3F?

3. My Insurance is with SGIO and I have comprehensive insurance, do i need to change any thing in my insurance? UBRE requirements are compulsory third party (CTP) and I believe my comprehensive insurance will cover this. - Please advise.

4. Is T extension compulsory? I am sorry, I was told this is not a compulsory. If we need this how long it will take for us to get this from DoT?

I have submitted few of my documents like passport and drivers licence. I have received an email from National Crime Check, is this something UBER requested or a spam.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Yo-Yo
T stands for TAXI, and does not apply to you unless you want to drive for a TAXI.
F-Extension is for a BUS or a SMALL CHARTER VEHICLE for commercial purposes, this apply to you as an Uber driver.
Some drivers I spoke to only have private comprehensive insurance, this is risky business, in an event you get into an accident and your SGIO found out that you are driving for Uber, they might not pay you. I'm with SGIO too, my Rideshare ins is $1,551/year full comprehensive covered for $14,600.

Y0-Y0

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Everyone for the reply.

Hi,
I have an ABN, can some one explain me on GST and why do we need GST, how are we going to use GST in UBER.

Sorry this might be a silly question, please help.

Thanks
Yo

UberDriverAU

4. You do not need a T class extension, you need the F class extension
Either is acceptable. The T extension is ever so slightly cheaper: $105.10 vs $108.50.
Thanks Everyone for the reply.

Hi,
I have an ABN, can some one explain me on GST and why do we need GST, how are we going to use GST in UBER.

Sorry this might be a silly question, please help.

Thanks
Yo
Kiwitrains is spot on, go and see an accountant. If you have no clue about taxes or accounting, then you will get yourself into trouble by trying to do it yourself.