New to Uber - Scheduled rides

Zigg

Hi all,

I have never used Uber or Lyft and am trying to do a scheduled ride to Orlando Airport for Monday morning. However for the life of me I can't get it to work, does scheduling not work in the Orlando area, or am I just too far away? I'm stressing out about this greatly, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Zigg

OrlUberOffDriver

Hi all,

I have never used Uber or Lyft and am trying to do a scheduled ride to Orlando Airport for Monday morning. However for the life of me I can't get it to work, does scheduling not work in the Orlando area, or am I just too far away? I'm stressing out about this greatly, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Zigg
Great! How are you gonna figure out how to tip the driver?
Save yourself the hassle & call a cab.

Zigg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I looked into a cab, it's over $100 dollars, not worth it.

OrlUberOffDriver

How are you gauging its worth?
UberX=Kia Soul
UberX=Nasty vehicles
UberX=No speako ingles
UberX=Make you pay toll at toll booth
UberX=No loading/unloading luggage
UberX=FUber Scams Riders & Drivers
UberX=Do you wanna die today?

autofill

Hi all,

Thanks,
Zigg
This is a common problem with many pax. Can’t tell you how many times I got a request and turns out it was supposed to be a scheduled ride request. Each time, I got a cancellation fee so I guess it’s worth it for pax to continue not knowing how until Uber/Lyf makes it clearer how to do a scheduled ride request.

Lawlet91

If you want reliability then pay for the taxi, if you want cheap and potential headache because your bags can’t fit in the trunk take Uber. If a ride is scheduled for Mears and there is excessive luggage to fit in trunk they send it to someone like me that has a wheelchair van that can load that much luggage

Stevie The magic Unicorn

If you want reliability then pay for the taxi, if you want cheap and potential headache because your bags can’t fit in the trunk take Uber. If a ride is scheduled for Mears and there is excessive luggage to fit in trunk they send it to someone like me that has a wheelchair van that can load that much luggage
Does Mears Service winter haven?

I don't know if we go that far south or not.

Lawlet91

We go anywhere if they call ahead I’m sure, been pickups for returns from the space coast and such that I have heard of

New Uber

Scheduling rides doesn't make sense. Nobody contacts us the day before. If there are no Ubers in y0ur area ,you WILL NOT be picked up even if you scheduled it. This happened already to a customer of mine

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Scheduling rides doesn't make sense. Nobody contacts us the day before. If there are no Ubers in y0ur area ,you WILL NOT be picked up even if you scheduled it. This happened already to a customer of mine
The way scheduled pickups *REALLY* works is scheduling is equivalent to calling for an uber 15 minutes or so before your scheduled time.

2Cents

Of course... you making your flight is not worth it to the fübr driver who doesn't speak English, taking you at a loss, dead heading back out to your sticks either.

2Cents

Screenshot_20171123-214525.jpg
It's going to be a No Thanks for me and any one else who can grasp at least an 8th grade math level.

Fuzzyelvis

How are you gauging its worth?
UberX=Kia Soul
UberX=Nasty vehicles
UberX=No speako ingles
UberX=Make you pay toll at toll booth
UberX=No loading/unloading luggage
UberX=FUber Scams Riders & Drivers
UberX=Do you wanna die today?
Hey, I have a Kia Soul. Tons of space inside, pax like it way better than a lot of other cars. Don't knock it until you've tried it.