• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New to Uber - Savannah

Honeycomb

Hi everyone! After reading several post I'm starting to feel a bit discouraged about driving. I work full time but need extra income and I was hoping driving for uber and/or lyft would be the way to go. I will definitely give it a try but after reading the post here... Honestly, I don't notice anyone really excited. Maybe there are too many drivers in Savannah area to really turn a good profit. Is this true? Any feedback or advice will be very much appreciated.

Good luck everyone!

JimS

I've been driving Uber for 2 1/2 years, and Lyft for a year and a half. This time of the year is really slow. I know for a fact that there are over 6,000 qualified drivers in the area. Obviously, that's a lot, and they all don't drive all the time.

I average around $15/hr on UberX and about $20 on XL.

You can make money - you just have to be smart about it. Have a car you can afford to lose, but nice enough for passengers and comfortable. $300 for a 20 hr weekend is about par. Right now, it's a bit less - tourist season hasn't started yet.

It's up to you with regards to when you can drive and how late you're willing to be out.

Sariandan

I've been driving in the Bluffton and Hilton Head area, living in Beaufort. I took a passenger to Savannah and started getting pings down there, last weekend (Saturday) in the evening, so I stayed for a few hours and made some decent money. In March, I'm moving to the Hardeeville area, where I'll be closer to Savannah. I think that'll be where I start driving more.

Are there ever any get-togethers with drivers down there, like for lunch or anything? I'd be interested in meeting some of the people in the area.

Atlwarrior

Hi everyone! After reading several post I'm starting to feel a bit discouraged about driving. I work full time but need extra income and I was hoping driving for uber and/or lyft would be the way to go. I will definitely give it a try but after reading the post here... Honestly, I don't notice anyone really excited. Maybe there are too many drivers in Savannah area to really turn a good profit. Is this true? Any feedback or advice will be very much appreciated.

Good luck everyone!
Be totally delieberate when you drives, such as when big events are occurring. Uber X used to be uncommon, but is now common since they allow such olders vehicle to drive now. Too many drivers and low rates per mile.