New to Uber question for San Francisco Drivers

tiburonpup78

Good evening, I am new to Uber and I will be driving in San Francisco. I wanted to know if anybody could tell me if they pick up patients for Medi-Cal in the city? Just curious, it was a reason I chose not to drive for Lyft, here in Sacramento and opting to commute to San Francisco and the Bay area, which is where I am from. I am disabled myself, so I can not help patients or the elderly get in and out of the car. I would welcome any feedback for those drivers in the Bay Area. :smiles:

Pax Collector

weird that Lift has a contract with MediCal? this doesnt sound right. what does it say when picking up a pax?
You get a text message similar to this:

20190427_164705.jpg

tiburonpup78

thanks for this reply, and you answered my question about Uber service in the Bay Area, Here in Sacramento, based upon my conversations and my work as an intern in the health care field, Lyft is partnered with a company called Logisticare. Logisticare is contracted by Anthem who is then contracted by the state for Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal pays for transportation for those that do not own a vehicle or unable to drive. For those that do drive, they are eligible for mileage reimbursement from Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal uses Medical Transport companies, but they also use Lyft, that I know of, not Uber, here in Sacramento. What the pax looks like, I don't know, as Logisticare has a dispatch department and how that account displays to the available drivers, is unknown. The only advantage I have heard of Lyft over Uber in Sacramento, is Lyfts app and GPS is very user friendly, where Uber's is more challenging. Of course, the concern is that if a driver denies a pick up it affects their rating. I use Uber and Lyft myself as I don't own a car for the past year. One Lyft driver was complaining to me about Medi-Cal patients taking advantage of the transportation system needing to make extra stops, or even sick drug addicts going back and forth to clinics. This is a deciding factor to avoid Lyft, and drive for Uber since I am using their rental car program and I have choose one or the other. However, thank you for this information, it was very helpful. :smiles: Sounds like Uber was, and is the right choice, for the kind of passengers I can help. I am not able to help sick people in walkers getting in and out of the car or carry groceries in for the elderly, it is not that I would not want to help, physically I can't. Have a good night.

NotanEmployee

yeah, logisticare handles transportation here as well. they use taxis and i HATE IT. taxi drivers here are horrible. id love uber. That being said, i would dislike transporting for them.

Another Uber Driver

You might want to post this on the San Francisco Boards. Odds are that there are more drivers there familiar with this who would better be able to help you.

Hillman77

thanks for this reply, and you answered my question about Uber service in the Bay Area, Here in Sacramento, based upon my conversations and my work as an intern in the health care field, Lyft is partnered with a company called Logisticare. Logisticare is contracted by Anthem who is then contracted by the state for Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal pays for transportation for those that do not own a vehicle or unable to drive. For those that do drive, they are eligible for mileage reimbursement from Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal uses Medical Transport companies, but they also use Lyft, that I know of, not Uber, here in Sacramento. What the pax looks like, I don't know, as Logisticare has a dispatch department and how that account displays to the available drivers, is unknown. The only advantage I have heard of Lyft over Uber in Sacramento, is Lyfts app and GPS is very user friendly, where Uber's is more challenging. Of course, the concern is that if a driver denies a pick up it affects their rating. I use Uber and Lyft myself as I don't own a car for the past year. One Lyft driver was complaining to me about Medi-Cal patients taking advantage of the transportation system needing to make extra stops, or even sick drug addicts going back and forth to clinics. This is a deciding factor to avoid Lyft, and drive for Uber since I am using their rental car program and I have choose one or the other. However, thank you for this information, it was very helpful. :smiles: Sounds like Uber was, and is the right choice, for the kind of passengers I can help. I am not able to help sick people in walkers getting in and out of the car or carry groceries in for the elderly, it is not that I would not want to help, physically I can't. Have a good night.
Ive given several rides to folks who may be using this service. Never had to assist anyone and I wouldn’t agree to do so if asked, for liability reasons. Most if not all of these pickups were from SF General Hospital or Concentra at 2 Connecticut St. You can cancel any ride you want if you’re not comfortable for any reason. I cxl at least 2 trips per day, just ignore the nastygrams we get after every single cxl on Lyft.

Sacto Burbs

I do these pickups. Never touch the pax. Never. If they need help cancel or get someone nearby to help - if the doctors office get the receptionist to help. I can load a light walker in the trunk but that’s it.

I repeat NEVER TOUCH A PAX.

IR12

Good evening, I am new to Uber and I will be driving in San Francisco. I wanted to know if anybody could tell me if they pick up patients for Medi-Cal in the city? Just curious, it was a reason I chose not to drive for Lyft, here in Sacramento and opting to commute to San Francisco and the Bay area, which is where I am from. I am disabled myself, so I can not help patients or the elderly get in and out of the car. I would welcome any feedback for those drivers in the Bay Area. :smiles:
Low life's at Lyft know Bay Area drivers would NEVER put up with that BS.