New to uber NYC.. yall suck!

valery

I have been thru alot trying to do my TLC license and stuff and all I see on here is a bunch of negative minded crusty poop sniffers.. like, are u guys even serious? if u hate uber that much, get another job, do something else with your life instead of ruining other people (soon to be drivers) dreams, anyway, I will do it and make my own judgement. my advise to those who wanna drive for uber, lyft or any other platform.. do it first and judge for yourself.. these site is full of negativity, I remember when I was studying for my TLC text (yes, in NYC, we have to go thru alot of BS to get that license).. some people scared the living hell out of me saying our difficult the test is , some even made up questions that were not even on the test.. turn out, the actual test was the easiest test I've ever taken in my life.. people don't listen to negative people. I don't even need your advises no more.. I will do it. period.. this is a community where we're supposed to be supportive to each other.. not fighting. Tones of people on here should've been MMA fighters instead of ride-share drivers.

Reactions: Hoy

SibeRescueBrian

I have been thru alot trying to do my TLC license and stuff and all I see on here is a bunch of negative minded crusty poop sniffers.. like, are u guys even serious? if u hate uber that much, get another job, do something else with your life instead of ruining other people (soon to be drivers) dreams, anyway, I will do it and make my own judgement. my advise to those who wanna drive for uber, lyft or any other platform.. do it first and judge for yourself.. these site is full of negativity, I remember when I was studying for my TLC text (yes, in NYC, we have to go thru alot of BS to get that license).. some people scared the living hell out of me saying our difficult the test is , some even made up questions that were not even on the test.. turn out, the actual test was the easiest test I've ever taken in my life.. people don't listen to negative people. I don't even need your advises no more.. I will do it. period.. this is a community where we're supposed to be supportive to each other.. not fighting. Tones of people on here should've been MMA fighters instead of ride-share drivers.
So let me get this straight. You just joined this forum so you could tell us how it should be run? Did somebody force you to sign up here? If you want a forum where everyone is supportive of each other, may I politely suggest that you start one of you own with rules that foster that kind of environment?

Novus Caesar

I remember when I was studying for my TLC text (yes, in NYC, we have to go thru alot of BS to get that license).
So difficult that foreigners who don't even have to speak English anymore and do not have to have a GED can pass. I am proud you were able to pass it after studying . . .

I have lived in Jersey City before. Enjoy your 600 sq ft 1 ba studio apartment. I am sure you will live a life of luxury in NYC working for Uber.

ANGRY UBER MAN

This forum is great to inform new drivers about how driving for uber really is. Uber has done so much false advertising everyone thinks it is a great gig. Then new drivers run into all of the bs and can see that more experienced drivers are bitter and don't put up with a lot now of days. If you are going to drink the uber kool aid and call people out for exposing the darkness of uber at least have completed 200 trips.

Uber now sucks because they can convince so many happy new drivers like yourself, to get exploited for low wages. This floods the markets with too many drivers and entitles the pax because you allow them to walk all over you. "Why will you not let us bring alcohol in the car. My last driver let me do it." The list goes on and on.

An uber driver's greatest enemy is a nearby uber driver. This is a hard lesson you learn soon enough.

We are also so tired of hearing if you don't like it quit. Don't you think we are trying to find better jobs? The boom in technology has eliminated so many types of jobs and has forced so many people to go back to school or switch careers. Globalism is also doing this in almost every industry and the American workforce is leaning more and more to service than skills/manufacturing.

Hoy

This forum is great to inform new drivers about how driving for uber really is. Uber has done so much false advertising everyone thinks it is a great gig. Then new drivers run into all of the bs and can see that more experienced drivers are bitter and don't put up with a lot now of days. If you are going to drink the uber kool aid and call people out for exposing the darkness of uber at least have completed 200 trips.

Uber now sucks because they can convince so many happy new drivers like yourself, to get exploited for low wages. This floods the markets with too many drivers and entitles the pax because you allow them to walk all over you. "Why will you not let us bring alcohol in the car. My last driver let me do it." The list goes on and on.

An uber driver's greatest enemy is a nearby uber driver. This is a hard lesson you learn soon enough.

We are also so tired of hearing if you don't like it quit. Don't you think we are trying to find better jobs? The boom in technology has eliminated so many types of jobs and has forced so many people to go back to school or switch careers. Globalism is also doing this in almost every industry and the American workforce is leaning more and more to service than skills/manufacturing.
Angry Man - I hear what you are saying. It is true, technology and globalism has changed the way things are. We've changed from an industrial and manufacturing economy to a technology based service economy. That is just a part of life.

If it is a fact that driving for UBER is so miserable, one should quit. If you don't quit, it means this is your best alternative.

Personally, I feel that UBER should be charging more. Even if they charged 25% + more, riders would still choose UBER over a car service or taxi cab. I know I would. On a recent trip, a rider told me that from his house to the airport the car service easily charges $75. UBER charges $40. Why not charge $60 or $70. Still cheaper... Why be the low cost provider.... don't really get that. The other thing is tips, why not give the rider the option to tip?? Its not mandatory... if they feel like it, they tip.

I think the flexibility of UBER is great.... I do this on a part time basis when I can to supplement my income, and also because I enjoy driving...

ddelro219

so.....you're complaining that other people are complaining? what makes you so special? go grab yourself a tissue.

positive stories will always be drowned out by negativity. you'll always hear more complaining than you'll hear praise and adoration. not just with uber, but with life in general. it's just the nature of things; it's unfortuante but welcome to reality. you can sit and whine about it but that's always a waste of time as far as i'm concerned.

just gather what info you find useful then go about your day. ignore what doesn't help you and you'll be fine. no need to preach to others.

JoeJoseph

People just know the truth eventually. enjoy finding out that Uber is literally raping you to work for them. It took me a while but now I see the light and so will you. Unless of course you are in denial.

Ringo

valery I find it truly amazing how you a new TLC? Driver have all the people on this forum pegged/figured out as negative people with countless more years of experience and contact with the public than you ever had. I think your going to have a very hard time getting along when pax don't treat you like you think you should and it will happen.