New to Uber LA

SindeeLou

Hi all, as the title says I am new to uber. I recently lost my job and I am trying to make ends meet as I look for a new job. My boyfriend has been making good money during the night time trips but I am struggling with the daytime trips on weekdays. Any suggestions on what I should be doing? I don't stroll around the city and stay in the usual "hot spot" areas around the city for about half an hour before I leave. Also, what is this gold/platinum thing everyone posts about and how do I get it? I tried searching on google but came up with nothing.

Thanks in advance!

OC Lady Uber Driver

If you want to make the kind of money your boyfriend does, work at night and ask him where he goes to make his money. The gold/platinum thing is one of the incentive programs Uber offers. You'll get notices about those and their details after you logon the partner app.

hangtyte

45 trips in core la for gold status. 75 trips for platinum status.

To do well, you just need to drive and keep track of areas where there's good traffic flow. Don't hang around in the common areas since there are many uber drivers. Find your secret spots. I think if many of us share our tactics publicly, it'll make it harder for us so it's hush on our ends. But if you invest effort in this job, you should be fine :smiles:

SindeeLou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! I guess I should also note we share the same car so I wouldn't be able to do the night rides as well. I try to do the early morning crowd when he comes back from his shift and then try to make $80-$100 for that day. It's been really tough getting that much in fares without wasting so much gas. Is the sit and wait method any good or just wasteful

hangtyte

Open up the passenger uber app and see what's around. If you're sitting in the middle of them, you may not get a ping, so you should move. Go where the ants are less

Retrojka

Thanks guys! I guess I should also note we share the same car so I wouldn't be able to do the night rides as well. I try to do the early morning crowd when he comes back from his shift and then try to make $80-$100 for that day. It's been really tough getting that much in fares without wasting so much gas. Is the sit and wait method any good or just wasteful
I didnt know uber allowed 2 people to share a car. Anyway, if you do 75 rides in LA county in one week, the following week youll be platinum status, which means there are certain hours throughout the day when uber will offer to pay you more per ride. They offer from 1.4x to 2.2x the regular pay

Showa50

If you just started give about 25-30 rides for a week. Then wait for Uber to send you some type of guarantee. Then try for the high metal numbers.

Kind of odd if your bf has been driving that he hasn't been able to explain the metal status to you or even advise you on what to do.

Did he at least refer you so you can both get money?

SindeeLou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks hangtyte! I never thought about that.

Retrojka- 2 people can share a car for uber as long as the insurance covers it and their name appears on the insurance card or declaration. Thank you for the in depth explanation!!

Showa50 we both started at the same time so he wouldn't know. He just has been having better luck since it's the night/bar crowd. We did do the referral so we'll be getting the bonus soon enough.

Showa50

Thanks hangtyte! I never thought about that.

Retrojka- 2 people can share a car for uber as long as the insurance covers it and their name appears on the insurance card or declaration. Thank you for the in depth explanation!!

Showa50 we both started at the same time so he wouldn't know. He just has been having better luck since it's the night/bar crowd. We did do the referral so we'll be getting the bonus soon enough.
Fair enough

Then go for those 75 rides ASAP. The bonus is ment to help supplement the crap fare Uber charges and get you on medal status.

Stick to the core area and pay attention to the cycle of movement for people.

https://click.et.uber.com/?qs=920f9...b559ff66b738dbf2ad77b0c0ba93fdce5b9ae24ef65a5

LA Dispatcher

Hi all, as the title says I am new to uber. I recently lost my job and I am trying to make ends meet as I look for a new job. My boyfriend has been making good money during the night time trips but I am struggling with the daytime trips on weekdays. Any suggestions on what I should be doing? I don't stroll around the city and stay in the usual "hot spot" areas around the city for about half an hour before I leave. Also, what is this gold/platinum thing everyone posts about and how do I get it? I tried searching on google but came up with nothing.

Thanks in advance!
Increase your ride count outside the core. There is too much day time competition against you in the core since many full-time drivers are chasing incentives. Not to mention that metal drivers are more likely to get priority with pings over someone with no incentives.

ssingyy

Different hot spots for different parts of day.
Most people aren't bar hopping 2 in the afternoon.

uber strike

don't listen to her. driving night is dangerous. all attacks and assaults on uber drivers happened at night. 85 cents a mile is not worth your life.

Rodster

Just ride with him and double charge uber. Jk. They are right. You need your incentives to make descent money. Go get your metal/ medal

SCdave

What hours does your BF drive. What hours do you drive.

Where approximately is home base for you? . Just approx like WeHo, Hollywood, Culver City, Burbank, etc...

bauer

Thanks in advance!
Quit while you can. Chase bank pays tellers $15 per hour. Best of luck

Luis Carlos

45 trips in core la for gold status. 75 trips for platinum status.

To do well, you just need to drive and keep track of areas where there's good traffic flow. Don't hang around in the common areas since there are many uber drivers. Find your secret spots. I think if many of us share our tactics publicly, it'll make it harder for us so it's hush on our ends. But if you invest effort in this job, you should be fine :smiles:
Are u sure is 45 for gold? Or 50?

Adieu

If drunk hours intimidate you, "crack of dawn until traffic gridlocks" is the name of the game

The switch over between wasteoids and AMto work/airport occurs around 3:15-3:30am....4:00am if you wanna be fairly sure (me I dont much care, I'll work both - just observations from doing LOTS of AM)

Thanks in advance!