Uber Drivers Forum banner
3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  wrong way 
#1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

I’m new to the whole PH thing (I started in January), being a full time postgrad student, I thought it would be great flexibility as I studied. I didn’t really manage to get into the flow of it all when this pandemic hit and now I’m at a loss as to what to do. I’ve got no savings, I’m not eligible for any of the government assistance thingies. I’ve applied for Universal Credit, it took daaaaaaays and now it says I should call to book an appointment to prove your documents and this has been taking so long. I’ve also attempted to aquire a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan, but everything is just taking quite a while to be processed. As such, there‘s a lot of uncertainty and I‘m very very very stumped as to how to proceed. I don’t feel right in my conscience being out in the streets, so any advice would be appreciated. I don’t have familial support, and I live alone. Prior to this I was homeless for a good part of a year, and I literally just managed to move into student accommodation on the day they announced lockdown.

Please be nice xx

Peace, Love & Rainbows!

#2 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm new to the whole PH thing (I started in January), being a full time postgrad student, I thought it would be great flexibility as I studied. I didn't really manage to get into the flow of it all when this pandemic hit and now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've got no savings, I'm not eligible for any of the government assistance thingies. I've applied for Universal Credit, it took daaaaaaays and now it says I should call to book an appointment to prove your documents and this has been taking so long. I've also attempted to aquire a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan, but everything is just taking quite a while to be processed. As such, there's a lot of uncertainty and I'm very very very stumped as to how to proceed. I don't feel right in my conscience being out in the streets, so any advice would be appreciated. I don't have familial support, and I live alone. Prior to this I was homeless for a good part of a year, and I literally just managed to move into student accommodation on the day they announced lockdown.

Please be nice xx

Peace, Love & Rainbows!
Which university?

#3 ·
I think you’re on the right lines with universal credit and would chase that appointment, I believe it’s done on the phone now. Perhaps register with Uber Eats and the food delivery apps? Maybe see if the supermarkets are recruiting temp staff? You may not be eligible direct assistance but you find mortgages and other loans will provide a payment holiday.
You should also try and minimise you’re expenses. No point in renting a car in this period.

#5 ·
I think you're on the right lines with universal credit and would chase that appointment, I believe it's done on the phone now. Perhaps register with Uber Eats and the food delivery apps? Maybe see if the supermarkets are recruiting temp staff? You may not be eligible direct assistance but you find mortgages and other loans will provide a payment holiday.
You should also try and minimise you're expenses. No point in renting a car in this period.
Thanks for your message x

I'm constantly on the phone throughout the day to the number provided, but it always says "user busy" throughout the day for hours on end. I applied to all the food delivering apps and they're still processing documentation. I haven't heard from any of them. UberEats application has been pending for days now. I've also been registered with Amazon Flex for quite a while now, but they've recently asked me to reverify my details and that's taking a long time to process too. :frown:

Which university?
University of West London.

#4 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm new to the whole PH thing (I started in January), being a full time postgrad student, I thought it would be great flexibility as I studied. I didn't really manage to get into the flow of it all when this pandemic hit and now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've got no savings, I'm not eligible for any of the government assistance thingies. I've applied for Universal Credit, it took daaaaaaays and now it says I should call to book an appointment to prove your documents and this has been taking so long. I've also attempted to aquire a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan, but everything is just taking quite a while to be processed. As such, there's a lot of uncertainty and I'm very very very stumped as to how to proceed. I don't feel right in my conscience being out in the streets, so any advice would be appreciated. I don't have familial support, and I live alone. Prior to this I was homeless for a good part of a year, and I literally just managed to move into student accommodation on the day they announced lockdown.

Please be nice xx

Peace, Love & Rainbows!
I'm going to suggest a call to Citizens Advice. At least you'd be informed as to your rights as a basic starting point. Good luck.

#7 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

Please be nice xx

Peace, Love & Rainbows!
Another individual filling a void taking bread and butter off somebody table.
Working for a company, ignorant of Uber's past. No morals and no ethics.
Another ignoramus just doing a job.

#8 ·
Actually I'm not working for Uber and I haven't been working during this period, so I'm a little confused as to what you're saying? Whose table am I taking bread and butter off of? I would appreciate it if you kept your ill-informed judgement to yourself. Reading comprehension is a very valuable skill, friend.

Love, This Ignoramus x

#28 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

Please be nice xx

Peace, Love & Rainbows!
with universal credit, u need to get into your journal and ask for an appointment over the phone, emphasis that "can they help you as your in dire need' they'll book it for and your local job center will call you as to when it's going to be, its quite fast. once that's done you'll be able to draw down monies with same day deposit from them

#29 ·
I think you're on the right lines with universal credit and would chase that appointment, I believe it's done on the phone now. Perhaps register with Uber Eats and the food delivery apps? Maybe see if the supermarkets are recruiting temp staff? You may not be eligible direct assistance but you find mortgages and other loans will provide a payment holiday.
You should also try and minimise you're expenses. No point in renting a car in this period.
What food do you reckon he will deliver? If Mc d is shut then forget about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.