• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

new to this....very confused

okiemike

ok, do you or do you not have to have a permit to drive for uber or lyft in the okc metro? The last thing anyone has said about it was 2 years ago and it was a dont worry about it......I went to okc.gov and it looks like if you drive anyone for money you have to get a $301 permit and go through a lot of hassle.......please help

okiemike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what is? Do you need a permit? and if so where do you go to get one? its funny, I signed up for uber and lyft and neither one of them tell you the requirements are far as permits and having the insurance rider....they just said I am ready to start driving

kojeislandincha

ok, do you or do you not have to have a permit to drive for uber or lyft in the okc metro? The last thing anyone has said about it was 2 years ago and it was a dont worry about it......I went to okc.gov and it looks like if you drive anyone for money you have to get a $301 permit and go through a lot of hassle.......please help
Crap! 300 Bucks? Giving A Christan a Ride to Church! Oil And Natural Gas Corporations ...OH MY GOD!