• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New to SD

I moved here five days ago, and the business here truly sucks. (I know, a lot of you are saying "no duh.") I've driven in LA (usually good,) and SF (totally fabu,) 20k + rides, and if I stick around, I may have to get a... What's it called? Jobb (sp?)

CJfrom619

Welcome. You messed around with the other 2 but finally made your way to the best. Better late then never.
Post automatically merged:

If you know what your doing out here then you should pull somewhere around $20/hour net out here. Maybe a little more or a little less depending on how you play the game. Yesterday was a very slow day but still managed to do ok.
A1530BB8-4BFA-4E98-9521-BAC42DB1FB0F.png

Last edited:

XPG

San Diego have too many drivers than what market needs. Newcomers jump on the Uber bandwagon, as if they will make $20/hr as Uber fanboys promote here with earning scren shots. You can not make more than $9/hr. Period.

XPG

Right on time XPG lol.
Speaking of time, how many hours did you work to complete 20 trips/14hrs) in 24 hour-span? How did you manage to drive more than 12 hours? Did you accept a 2 hours-long drive at the end of your 20 hours shift, which doubled your daily earnings? And what about your return back to San Diego? Did you sleep in your car for 6 hours to get back online or you drove with an empty car?

Karen carpenter

Welcome. You messed around with the other 2 but finally made your way to the best. Better late then never.

If you know what your doing out here then you should pull somewhere around $20/hour net out here. Maybe a little more or a little less depending on how you play the game. Yesterday was a very slow day but still managed to do ok.View attachment 326207
no offense but is that an old screenshot from before the 12 hour limit in the rates were higher?

Transportador

I moved here five days ago, and the business here truly sucks. (I know, a lot of you are saying "no duh.") I've driven in LA (usually good,) and SF (totally fabu,) 20k + rides, and if I stick around, I may have to get a... What's it called? Jobb (sp?)
One doesn't move to SD from SF Bay Area (especially) for money. On U/L you'll make 60% of that money here. But then housing is less expensive, weather is fabulous, traffic is less, people are more chill. And there's always Tijuana next door for everything cheap. I'd say it's very "balanced" here in SD and the fun factor is way higher. I came from SFBA.

CJfrom619

no offense but is that an old screenshot from before the 12 hour limit in the rates were higher?
No its from yesterday. That 12 hour limit is not a 12 hour online limit. You have to drive around 16 hours to be shut offline.

Speaking of time, how many hours did you work to complete 20 trips/14hrs) in 24 hour-span? How did you manage to drive more than 12 hours? Did you accept a 2 hours-long drive at the end of your 20 hours shift, which doubled your daily earnings? And what about your return back to San Diego? Did you sleep in your car for 6 hours to get back online or you drove with an empty car?
Oh yea I forgot to mention my actual “real time” driving was about 18 hours. I also spent the morning with a 2 hour car wash. I spent $90 in gas and I slept 2 hours at the queue to get ready for the next day lol...thats the small print that I forgot to mention. Most drivers mismanage their time offline which cost them at the end of the day. Its a rough life for an ant in 2019.

Longest ride was $35. You need screenshots?

Last edited:

CJfrom619

Yes, go to your trip history, and post the ss for June 4 trips.
Anything for you XPG because I know your always gonna give me that positive feedback that I’m looking for.

4F842591-19ED-45FE-9DF5-F9832E82D652.png

95946EAC-F9A8-491D-9B68-7A0ACC988B99.png

948365FC-E629-4D77-BC58-0F17C29BED18.png

Like I said it was fairly slow yesterday probably could have pulled $400 in earnings on a busier day but I’ll take it. Here was my best ride.

8F3BEA97-7792-465C-909A-676A3B27B54D.png

Should I mention the $35 in cash tips I made too yesterday or should I keep that to myself to not spread misinformation so the droves of drivers in SF and LA dont flock down here to SD to make a killing in the rideshare game.

If you can see in my screenshots its says trips from yesterday at the top which I couldn’t replicate from a previous years earnings and the ride I posted shows the current mileage rate on there as well.

Last edited:

Transportador

Talking about mileage rates, check this out, just this past Friday

Perfect for a long ride. Temecula rate is still 81 cents a mile, 12 cents a minute. Also notice Uber gets only 23% of the fare on a non-surge ride. Yeeeeeha! And note to self: slow down on I-15!

Transportador

Should I mention the $35 in cash tips I made too yesterday or should I keep that to myself to not spread misinformation so the droves of drivers in SF and LA dont flock down here to SD to make a killing in the rideshare game.
Hey CJ be more like Trump. Say what you want to say and don't give a crap about what others say on here. If your intentions and information are good, we can tell.

If you say you made great money the haters will say "Fake News"

If you say you can't make good money they will say "BS, you're just hiding the truth so we won't drive and steal your rides"

It's ridiculous.

XPG

Dude, every time I read one of your posts on here, this is who you remind me of:
I told you maybe 5 times so far, if you are not happy use the ignore button. I won't stop calling the Uber fanboy CJ's fake secret shots. Who else on San Diego board other than failed-Bounce trolls promotes a rideshare company as if drivers here makes $20/hr?

Seth619navy

Some people are successful at this gig, others (I'm assuming you're one of them) are not. No need to be salty or envious of those who can make a decent living at this. Try a little positivity once in a while. Life is much more enjoyable with a smile.

CJfrom619

Hey CJ be more like Trump. Say what you want to say and don't give a crap about what others say on here. If your intentions and information are good, we can tell.

If you say you made great money the haters will say "Fake News"

If you say you can't make good money they will say "BS, you're just hiding the truth so we won't drive and steal your rides"

It's ridiculous.
Trust me I know. We all know guys like XPG. He doesn’t even listen to the opposition. Just a one track mind with one message in mind. I dont post screenshots for him...I post screenshots for everyone.

Its important to post screenshots of earnings so we know how other drivers are doing out there in the same market. I was taught by some veteran members of this forum early on that a screenshot will speak alot louder then words. I encourage everyone one here to post screenshots good or bad. It can only help others.

Transportador

We all know this gig is hard. Once in a while somebody has a great day and they can't wait to share (you can call it show off) their great story of fortune. It is to celebrate with your fellow drivers. We need encouragement (and even a little fantasy) to keep going. Nothing is wrong with that.

Last edited: