New to Knoxville, any tips? Best areas/times to drive?

skitty54

Hi everyone, so I used to drive in PA, but I moved to the knoxville area. Still getting used to the area, but I was wondering what areas and times are worth driving. It seems that Kingston pike, powel, and Farragut have had steady surges the past week. Also, for UT events, anything I should keep in mind for navigating the area?

Nakali

Welcome to Tn. I drive eats so I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. Saw you were from Pa also... just wanted to say hello and welcome.

skitty54

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to Tn. I drive eats so I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. Saw you were from Pa also... just wanted to say hello and welcome.
How is eats? I didn't have eats where I used to drive, so my app is asking if I want to sign up for it. I'm considering doing both to make a little more

Nakali

How is eats? I didn't have eats where I used to drive, so my app is asking if I want to sign up for it. I'm considering doing both to make a little more
Eats is fairly new here so it's not overly popular yet but I do alright. Holidays were dreadfully slow, but its picked back up. I usually don't have much, if any, wait time between pings. The restaurants I tend to pick up from are pretty good with having orders ready or just about done. Tips have been more common than not for me. I only drive during boost times...It's not worth it outside of boost, in my opinion.
Eats is a love or hate kind of thing, I've noticed. May as well try it as a time filler of sorts, see how it goes. You can always turn eats back off.

Darrell Green Fan

Just to be clear Eats is a food delivery option for Uber drivers? You can turn it on and off while still being logged in to take regular Uber riders?

Nakali

Just to be clear Eats is a food delivery option for Uber drivers? You can turn it on and off while still being logged in to take regular Uber riders?
Yes. Eats can be run by itself for those of us who don't/can't have passengers or in conjunction with regular uber.
The menu on the left, top side of your app should have the option to turn eats on/off. Same menu you would use to opt out of pool and such.
My menu disappears unless I log out and back in daily.