• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Surge, New App

Agalito

Seeing that a lot of new cities are getting the new surge, it is only a matter of time before we get it as well. For the most part this will be a lost for long trips and probably a win for short trips. The highest surge I seen with the new surge was +40 for 93 mile trip. Pretty crappy if you ask me. At 2.0x that would of been more than that.

However, I have seen that the new surge works with eats and I am seeing quite a few posts of people getting surges anywhere from +7 to 15 dollars for a Mcdonalds delivery. Wouldn't doing eats be the better thing to do at this point since it is almost certain the delivery will probably be less than 2 miles away. I am guessing it's only a matter of time before Uber does something about Eats with the new surge though.

I received the email about the new APP on Monday, so I take it we will be getting the new APP in a few days along with the new surge with it. Sad...

Blunt power