New Stool Dilemma? Uber Stool is being forced on pax that don't know what it is!!

UberSaur

UberSaur here.

New Stool Dilemma? Uber Stool is being forced on to pax that don't know what it is! I am beginning to see the makings of a new trend here, just as Stool is being forced unto the drivers.

Saur is no fan of Uber Stool, realizing it's only useful toward qualifying for trip count leading to the Heavy Metal Programme bonus incentive, or actually completing the Stools during the Hours of Power in the Reward Zone, where a multiplier is at play and the compensation isn't too bad.

So this what happened yesterday. I got a matching Stool pickup, the 2nd one in the chain, with 2 pax already in the car from the original Stool pickup.

When I picked up the matching Stool pax said he couldn't get an UberX after numerous attempts and 20 minutes of trying, and instead was given a Pool (Stool) option right away, not knowing what it was..

Pax needed to get somewhere by a certain time and the Stools were coming in faster than flies unto bovine excrement, with the new feature of the app auto-accepting all Stool requests.

I destroyed my cancellation rate upon manually terminating numerous and subsequent Stool requests thus also realizing the abysmally low ratings of the potential following paxs I never would have picked up in the first place.

Should I have told uninformed Stool pax, sorry buddy, this is Uber Stool , the abomination above all others in Ride Share, and I can't help you with your trip, you'll get there when you get there, and the fact that you don't know what Stool is isn't my problem, effectively hijacking the pax?

What would you have done?

Another Uber Driver
Bart McCoy
nutzareus
New2This

Last edited:

New2This

Wow I'm a UPnet guru. Yay me. Let me update my LinkedIn.

I still get the option of accepting Pool rides. For whatever reason it doesn't automatically add them for me yet. I have the latest app update. I'm not complaining, since it sounds like the ultimate fustercluck.

I will generally add one additional pool to the initial pickup. Unless the first pax is a shit, then I take them all to screw with them & make them later.

I had an old woman I picked up at Georgetown University Hospital going to N.E. D.C. using pool. Turned out her brother was in the ICU at GTUH. She went over every day to be with him. I got numerous pings but took her direct.

I'd have done the same as you did. Not all Uber users are the enemy.

nutzareus

I only drive with destination filter to/from work. I decline Stool requests, period. My Baltimore driver account doesn't get Stool pings anyway so I'm using that account to drive now. DC driver account will get Stool pings, and I will use it when I'm in the Reward Zone but will reject Stool pings even with destination filter on.

Another Uber Driver

I would have accepted the additional pings. If he can not get UberX, he can try Uber Taxi or Uber Black (or Lyft, for that matter). Do not mess up your cancellation rates, as Uber still can de-activate for that. I would not put the account at risk for a passenger.

Uber makes big bucks on the U-Stool. Likely this is part of the reason that they are pulling this stunt of not showing UberX as available. Uber and business ethics are mutually destructive terms.

UberSaur

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would have accepted the additional pings. If he can not get UberX, he can try Uber Taxi or Uber Black (or Lyft, for that matter). Do not mess up your cancellation rates, as Uber still can de-activate for that. I would not put the account at risk for a passenger.

Uber makes big bucks on the U-Stool. Likely this is part of the reason that they are pulling this stunt of not showing UberX as available. Uber and business ethics are mutually destructive terms.
Like during the Cold War, USA vs USSR, mutually assured destruction. Difference is, neither side was senseless enough to want its own destruction.

run26912

Like during the Cold War, USA vs USSR, mutually assured destruction. Difference is, neither side was senseless enough to want its own destruction.
Ya bro, I woulda just accepted the additional pings. The pax has nothing to lose... but you on the other hand can get dinged for too many cancellations. Bottom line is the passenger is the one that selected UberPool, like it or not. They gotta abide by the rules, end of story. I let all my paxs know they ordered Uber Pool and expect more passengers and surprisingly I haven't gotten any flack. Must be the pink leotard...

BONG!!!!

melusine3

I only drive with destination filter to/from work. I decline Stool requests, period. My Baltimore driver account doesn't get Stool pings anyway so I'm using that account to drive now. DC driver account will get Stool pings, and I will use it when I'm in the Reward Zone but will reject Stool pings even with destination filter on.
Destination filter? What is this intriguing thing?

New2This

Ya bro, I woulda just accepted the additional pings. The pax has nothing to lose... but you on the other hand can get dinged for too many cancellations. Bottom line is the passenger is the one that selected UberPool, like it or not. They gotta abide by the rules, end of story. I let all my paxs know they ordered Uber Pool and expect more passengers and surprisingly I haven't gotten any flack. Must be the pink leotard...

BONG!!!!
You can get away with a lot in a pink thong...

Neubridge1

Anyone notice this. ...when getting additional Uberx pings before trip ends or stacked pings,the area can be surging on pax app,but the fare is regular.

uuberr

i got a uber pool today and it kept on adding more ppl on its own. Heres how it went :smiles:
picked 1st guy.
picked 2nd guy.
dropped 2nd guy.
1st guy frustrated
picked 3rd guy.
picked 4th grl.
Now 3rd guy frustrated
dropped 4th grl.
dropped 3rd guy.
1st guy very pissed
dropped 1st guy.

other than the 2nd guy everyone else was plkn pissed! i told them it automatically gets added now so i cant do sht (Said it with a BIG SMILE) guaranteed 1st person calling uberX next time :smiles: bt he did give me a 1 star i think lol bcz my rating dropped right after that. Its still ALL THE WAY UP to care that much :smiles:

UberSaur

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i got a uber pool today and it kept on adding more ppl on its own. Heres how it went :smiles:
picked 1st guy.
picked 2nd guy.
dropped 2nd guy.
1st guy frustrated
picked 3rd guy.
picked 4th grl.
Now 3rd guy frustrated
dropped 4th grl.
dropped 3rd guy.
1st guy very pissed
dropped 1st guy.

other than the 2nd guy everyone else was plkn pissed! i told them it automatically gets added now so i cant do sht (Said it with a BIG SMILE) guaranteed 1st person calling uberX next time :smiles: bt he did give me a 1 star i think lol bcz my rating dropped right after that. Its still ALL THE WAY UP to care that much :smiles:
Tell 'em like it is! Cheap-ass pax expect Pool/Stool discounts without the additional stops. Then the driver gets penalized, 1-starred through no fault of his/her own for doing exactly the job expected. Eff the Stool pax!

Last edited:

nutzareus

picked 1st guy.
picked 2nd guy.
dropped 2nd guy.
1st guy frustrated
picked 3rd guy.
picked 4th grl.
Now 3rd guy frustrated
dropped 4th grl.
dropped 3rd guy.
1st guy very pissed
dropped 1st guy.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL maybe these cheap bastards will stop using FuberStool in the future!