New staging area is a bust..

Crazytrucker

Did a couple from the new area today to check it out. Managed to get one to T1 and one to T3. Depending on traffic and traffic lights takes about 12 min to T1. T3 takes anywhere from 13 to 15 min. Now without adding your wait time for people your rate time was just cut in half. So being genorus just add 10 min to your empty time so do 4 runs lose 40 min ect.. What a great move for ride share drivers!! You"ll break even with a surge.

Last edited:

LVCharles

I did two rides from there. When driving on Mack heading west to Paradise there was a line or drivers making their way to paradise. There was this one driver that was impatient, and decided to make a row for himself to by passing all the cars on the right that were lined up. I see a potential accident at that location. The line headed back toward swenson and mack was even worse. Many of the drivers were in the third lane from the left headed north on paradise, then a rideshare driver made a left turn in front of vehicles in the correct lane to enter. Be safe out there, we all have families we want to go home to at the end of the day.

Crazytrucker

I did two rides from there. When driving on Mack heading west to Paradise there was a line or drivers making their way to paradise. There was this one driver that was impatient, and decided to make a row for himself to by passing all the cars on the right that were lined up. I see a potential accident at that location. The line headed back toward swenson and mack was even worse. Many of the drivers were in the third lane from the left headed north on paradise, then a rideshare driver made a left turn in front of vehicles in the correct lane to enter. Be safe out there, we all have families we want to go home to at the end of the day.
Ya I seen them do that as well. Pretty sad driving. Bottom line is still doesn't change the rate cut. I only made out a little ahead from 2 long hauls. Other than that you drop at the MGM or Madalay your losing money hand over fist. If it isn't 3x or better you all can have my airport rides. Good luck boys and girls.

Last edited:

gerg

The third lane is straight or left.

beezlewaxin

Lol he is stating the 3rd lane is for left turns *and* straight through. Drivers choice.

Also I notice when an event traffic leaves Mack that both lanes were headed west towards paradise. Obviously a temporary traffic change but sounds like it may need to be done for us just to handle the rideshare traffic.

I did three rides from the new staging lot today. It just takes too much time now to get pax from the terminals, especially if you don't make that traffic light on Tropicana and Paradise. Maybe if there's a surge I'll do some airport runs, but not wasting 40 minutes (right after I leave staging lot) for $4.90 to the MGM.

Luckycabby

Did a couple from the new area today to check it out. Managed to get one to T1 and one to T3. Depending on traffic and traffic lights takes about 12 min to T1. T3 takes anywhere from 13 to 15 min. Now without adding your wait time for people your rate time was just cut in half. So being genorus just add 10 min to your empty time so do 4 runs lose 40 min ect.. What a great move for ride share drivers!! You"ll break even with a surge.
lol you guys that do the airport are so funny. Yesterday I saw nothing less than 50 and at the most 101 cars in the lot.

gerg

yes the third lane is for straight or left, the fourth lane is straight. but once you cross tropicana, i seen cars from the fourth lane turn left in front of cars from the third lane, just to get back into the staging area.
This move (turning left from straight lane) is a necessity when exiting treasure island out the back heading west on Spring Mt

Crazytrucker

Lol he is stating the 3rd lane is for left turns *and* straight through. Drivers choice.

Also I notice when an event traffic leaves Mack that both lanes were headed west towards paradise. Obviously a temporary traffic change but sounds like it may need to be done for us just to handle the rideshare traffic.
lol I thought he was referring to coming out on Paradise. Who knows there people make their own lanes there and it's like Russian roulette pulling out there. Good luck.

There will be wrecks
Absolutely

SwGts86

lol you guys that do the airport are so funny. Yesterday I saw nothing less than 50 and at the most 101 cars in the lot.

I was actually doing the airport all day knocking out a garbage quest-

Never really looked at the lines, "it was what it was", but I started at about 3 and ran for about 9 hours (all airport for the day save 1. Picked them up at the liquor store on the corner of paradise and trop. Teach me for turning on early. 3.75 fare with no tip haha)

Never waited more than about 10 minutes in the lot. Sometimes it was nearly instant.

It honestly at times took longer to leave the lot than to wait for a ping. Because of the light and traffic drivers are backing up all all the way up on the street to paradise, back into the parking lot.

Got a LOT of calls from anxious pax "where are you where are you where are you"

KJVegas

I made 3 drops to airport this morning and each time I saw an accident. 2 in the terminal 1 drop area by American ( one them looked like A 2 uber collision ) the las one looked nasty - appeared to be solo car just before the road split for terminal 1 and terminal 3

Alfred j

Just passed the lot, hope your all happy, I see the tail gaters are all there not one space open

Crazytrucker

I was actually doing the airport all day knocking out a garbage quest-

Never really looked at the lines, "it was what it was", but I started at about 3 and ran for about 9 hours (all airport for the day save 1. Picked them up at the liquor store on the corner of paradise and trop. Teach me for turning on early. 3.75 fare with no tip haha)

Never waited more than about 10 minutes in the lot. Sometimes it was nearly instant.

It honestly at times took longer to leave the lot than to wait for a ping. Because of the light and traffic drivers are backing up all all the way up on the street to paradise, back into the parking lot.

Got a LOT of calls from anxious pax "where are you where are you where are you"
It's not about the wait at the lot. The trip from lot to the airport is the issue. Figure out your time your losing here between the ping and arrival and pick up. That's the big issue. It's not ride share it's ride free at this point. Now it's Friday and the traffic will be worse. If you don't get a surge run your losing money at least 2x. Wish you luck.