Uber Drivers Forum banner

*NEW SCARE TEX-TIC* [ACC. LOCKOUT]

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  eltakasaaiya 
#1 ·
[PUNISHMENT THREAT TO LOCK YOU OUT FROM THE APP FOR SKIPPING TWO (2) REQUESTS IN A ROW]

Yep, Uber is at it again..

I'm actually impressed at how HARD they seem to be working.. Seriously, I've gotta admit, they sure know how to show the ability to stay on task and be persistent on letting us know how WE'RE doing by making time to ensure that their wonderful notification system is working seamlessly.

(Bravo).

Just wish they were like that with and in ALL ASPECTS. It seems like a lot of time and effort is put into these type of issues rather than the ones currently at hand that are actually important and really matter.

If the concerns that we have expressed and communicated to them, would simply be taken into consideration and PROPERLY escalated towards a beneficial solution with even half the amount of energy and enthusiasm they use with the micromanagement of our "WORK HABITS", there wouldn't be a need to constantly be sending out warnings...

Ugh...

Yep, as you might of guessed, another text notification.. very creative. I guess it's supposed to make us think twice about trip request?

"Hmmm, should I work for less, or should I just work for the charitable feeling of being generous"..."aww, this is hard, maybe I'll flip a coin".

They sent me a NEW message saying:

[UBER] "PARTNER",
Your account has been flagged multiple times for not completing enough of the requests you receive. Being online with the Uber application means you are willing to complete the trips that you accept. If you ignore two trip requests in a row, we will take this as an indication that you do not want to be online with Uber, and will log you off the system for 10 minutes. If you change your mind and decide that you do want to be online, you will be able to go back online after 10 minutes.

See less See more
#5 ·
When I saw it, I just took a deep breath, held it, then I was on the Floor, Laughing My Ass Off!!

Then I composed a reply with the ALPHABETICAL BAD WORDS..LOL.

It's still in draft mode because each time I was about to send it off, another one came to mind...
THEN, I started to incorporate words in Spanish too..lol.
THEN, I got a call n I 4 got about it..omg.

Then...

LOL.

#10 ·
I
[PUNISHMENT THREAT TO LOCK YOU OUT FROM THE APP FOR SKIPPING TWO (2) REQUESTS IN A ROW]

I'm actually impressed at how HARD they seem to be working.. Seriously, I've gotta admit, they sure know how to show the ability to stay on task and be persistent on letting us know how WE'RE doing by making time to ensure that their wonderful notification system is working seamlessly.

(Bravo).

Just wish they were like that with and in ALL ASPECTS. It seems like a lot of time and effort is put into these type of issues rather than the ones currently at hand that are actually important and really matter.

If the concerns that we have expressed and communicated to them, would simply be taken into consideration and PROPERLY escalated towards a beneficial solution with even half the amount of energy and enthusiasm they use with the micromanagement of our "WORK HABITS", there wouldn't be a need to constantly be sending out warnings...

Ugh...

Yep, as you might of guessed, another text notification.. very creative. I guess it's supposed to make us think twice about trip request?

"Hmmm, should I work for less, or should I just work for the charitable feeling of being generous"..."aww, this is hard, maybe I'll flip a coin".

[UBER] "PARTNER",
Your account has been flagged multiple times for not completing enough of the requests you receive. Being online with the Uber application means you are willing to complete the trips that you accept. If you ignore two trip requests in a row, we will take this as an indication that you do not want to be online with Uber, and will log you off the system for 10 minutes. If you change your mind and decide that you do want to be online, you will be able to go back online after 10 minutes.
They way I understand that text, it really doesn't sound as ominous as you perceive it to be. I think it's actually kind of a good thing. This is how I interpret it:

Let's suppose you, for whatever reason, lose the attention of the app. It could be that you really had to use the restroom and as you are running for it you forgot to grab your phone because it was charging. Or you decide to take a short nap in your car and don't hear the pings. Or maybe there is a reception problem in your area and you see the ping but can not accept it, it is in some kind of network limbo. For whatever reason, if you can't accept a ping or don't notice it, Uber can send multiple pings in just a few minutes and really trash your acceptance rating quickly.

Lyft, on the other hand, will freeze the screen with a message something along the lines of "Gee, you missed a ping, sorry about that truckload of money you just lost". Until you tap that message you don't get more pings, so your acceptance rating due to your inattention or whatever is limited to just one missed ping.

So Uber is on one hand helping you, and them, by limiting the damage to 2 missed pings before it 1) requires you to acknowledge the fact that you are ready to work again, and, yes, 2) "punishes" you by kicking you off of the system for ten minutes. The punishment part sucks, they should just do it like Lyft and require a tap to get back in, even if it is 10 seconds later, not ten minutes.

#12 ·

(Bravo).

Ugh...

[UBER] "PARTNER",
That nothing. Im getting eliminated once a week for 10 minutes
No big deal. Kind of reset. Time for a nap

#15 ·

(Bravo).

Ugh...

[UBER] "PARTNER",
Totally amazing to me how Uber classifies drivers as independent contractors and not employees. Yet they use every tool in the box to threaten and manipulate drivers into submission of their drivers model and the "my way or the highway" mentality. Uber's drivers rating system is so insane, it's laughable! I guess everyone has to make thier own evaluation of what I feel is the Uber scam, It didn't take me long to do the Uber math and realize it's minimum wages at best along with a company that uses intimidation and munipulation to whip it's drivers into a state of fear and submission.

#16 ·
Just text Uber you'll send the Judge a copy of their text. Nothing else, no threats, etc.

If they then try to kick you off for no other reason, you'll have proof you're an employee. Uber will stop sending you those texts 'cause now they know you know your shit, and aren't stupid to work for free.

By the way, what's the unemployment limit now? Like 3 years of collecting? And Uber will need to pay, since they do not contribute right now. Oops, sucks to be Uber when they fire an employee driver!

#17 ·
The wording of that message is odd, as are all thier messages.
'If you ignore 2 trip requests.. '
You're not ignoring them. Ignoring them would mean you let them ping out.

I'm starting to think all these texts are a hedge to scare drivers in to accepting discount rides because demand is going to spike and there's gonna be a lot of 3x,4x,5x for holiday weekend. Intern causing a lot of Pool request which Uber is going to have to eat the margin on. Pool's are about 80% of the requests I receive now.

#18 ·
The wording of that message is odd, as are all thier messages.
'If you ignore 2 trip requests.. '
You're not ignoring them. Ignoring them would mean you let them ping out.

I'm starting to think all these texts are a hedge to scare drivers in to accepting discount rides because demand is going to spike and there's gonna be a lot of 3x,4x,5x for holiday weekend. Intern causing a lot of Pool request which Uber is going to have to eat the margin on. Pool's are about 80% of the requests I receive now.
I forget to mention the complaints they'll recieve because of the higher prices.

#20 ·

(Bravo).

Ugh...

[UBER] "PARTNER",
I would have replied back saying you sound like you are establishing an employer/employee relationship. When am I eligible for all the benefits? What is my hourly pay rate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.