New Rules For East Asian Pax

PoorBasterd

It looks like I'm a WeChat victim. Gave a ride to an Asian fellow and when I look at the trip history, the pay amount is blank.

New rules for East-Asians. When they enter my car, I'm going to ask them to show me their user app. Unless they can show me the user app with it showing me as the driver coming for them, sorry Sir/Ma'am, I cannot carry you. I don't care what excuse they give for not being able to show me that they didn't personally order the ride; If you're East Asian and you can't show me the app, I'll show you the curb.

Harry70

I think so now uber has started to put the burden on drivers of riders disowning the ride ; it's not ethnic based : that's highly unfair for uber to think driver will do due diligence ; or they have the proper guidelines what to do ; uber does not want to cut-down on there business where rider calling uber for other riders : just putting blame on drivers; keeping emailing to them rather than drive

laoye

To be fair, the Chinese pax themselves probably aren't aware of this skullduggery.
What I don't understand is how the request ordered through WeChat is sent to an Uber driver, this is the first time I heard of this. UBER should prevent that from happening

PoorBasterd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I don't understand is how the request ordered through WeChat is sent to an Uber driver, this is the first time I heard of this. UBER should prevent that from happening
I don't know the full details, but I think it's someone who sets up a personal or corporate account and they order the ride. Either the pax don't have the card necessary to sign up or they are offered cheap rides.

I tried looking for it with Google but couldn't find it. Maybe thats because I would I would have to search using the Chinese language.

laoye

I don't know the full details, but I think it's someone who sets up a personal or corporate account and they order the ride. Either the pax don't have the card necessary to sign up or they are offered cheap rides.

I tried looking for it with Google but couldn't find it. Maybe thats because I would I would have to search using the Chinese language.

Do it and keep us posted, what I can tell is that WeChat is related to many online cheatings

4RSTJ6

Can we find out some more info from the few folks who have been scammed? Let's try to figure out

Ethnicity: East Asian, specifically Mandarin
Service: Select only? FlyHigher and biozon both mentioned Select. Has this changed?
Area: What parts of GTA has this occurred in?
Pax username: Do they use an East Asian name? What names have they used?

Karl Marx

It looks like I'm a WeChat victim. Gave a ride to an Asian fellow and when I look at the trip history, the pay amount is blank.

New rules for East-Asians. When they enter my car, I'm going to ask them to show me their user app. Unless they can show me the user app with it showing me as the driver coming for them, sorry Sir/Ma'am, I cannot carry you. I don't care what excuse they give for not being able to show me that they didn't personally order the ride; If you're East Asian and you can't show me the app, I'll show you the curb.
I never drive pax who are not the with the app, just asking for trouble. Meth dealers send their customers home using X. These are people you just simply want to avoid.

WillC

Have you contacted Uber about those rides? What has Uber said?

I have had many rides that were requested by the actual rider's friends, family members, or even business that they were, and I haven't notice any missing fare.

If one account continuously make claims, doesn't Uber flag it?

Last edited:

Andyer

Just let all your guys know that :
You're able to order uber through wechat in China only, but you aren't able to do it in Canada. The reason is wechat has its own store(as same as Apple Store or Google Play ), they can download uber app in wechat store.

Any questions?

PoorBasterd

You're able to order uber through wechat in China only, but you aren't able to do it in Canada.

Any questions?
Then how do you explain this....
I was called down to a tourist house and Chinese wanted to go to Niagara Falls, the child had an app open but it wasn't Uber, she was texting with someone else who did the request. They were going to Niagara Falls. As I was loading their bags two more people came out equaling 6 pax. I told her to cancel and get XL. She requested again and I waited down the block, another X showed up and it was an Accord and the driver accepted!

Manhoos

Wechat is the main application Chinese use to communicate and make transactions.. is kinda WhatsApp+ PayPal
People can make deposits to Wechat ID or link their bank accounts.. Huge transactions everyday..
People don't carry cash and and using WeChat is norm... Surely, Uber doesn't wanna miss the huge Chinese clientele..

I have no idea how it integrades with Uber payment system, but definitly there is some missing link here..

4RSTJ6

I don't think we're talking about WeChat as a booking tool. As you said it's a communication app, like Skype, WhatsApp or Hangouts. It's common among Mandarin Chinese, so they're likely using it to request to someone else at the other end to request the Uber trip.

Manhoos

I don't think we're talking about WeChat as a booking tool. As you said it's a communication app, like Skype, WhatsApp or Hangouts. It's common among Mandarin Chinese, so they're likely using it to request to someone else at the other end to request the Uber trip.
Maybe they are using it as booking/payment tool.. You never know

PoorBasterd

Ithey're likely using it to request to someone else at the other end to request the Uber trip.
That seems most likely. It appears someone has set up a little cottage industry doing Uber requests for other people and they make their profit by shafting the drivers.