• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

NEW RIDESHARING SERVICE!

omegaman4654

Guys, not sure if everyone has heard yet but there's a new ride-sharing provider in Sydney called GoCatch that are saying that their close to launching and are currently recruiting drivers. They said drivers can use them alongside Uber to source extra work while their on the road.

They're paying a $100 signup bonus for new drivers and an extra $100 for each new referral. I went into their office at 187 Concord Rd, in North Strathfield, yesterday and they seem pretty legit. They said they've been offering a taxi booking service for the past year and are currently processing 100,000 bookings per month nationally. I think they said they had something like 300,000 passengers on their app as well.

They also said they're charging a 15% commission and they don't have surge pricing but instead have set peak and off-peak hours. They're also offering to set drivers up with a 2nd handset and cover the cost of the data plan for the first 3 months.

Anyway, they look like their worth checking out. About time Uber faced some competition. I'd definitely recommend heading to their office at 187 Concord Rd if you're interested and you're based in Sydney. Their open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturdays.

Thanks!

uberboy77

Hope to meet some of you in face tomorrow! I'll be there before Midday. Already downloaded the App.

Icecool

But has anyone actually drives with go catch yet . I like to see any review is it better or worse than uber

mccabey75

I have used gocatch there like uber except for taxis you can see the taxis on their system ,once you put a request you see the taxi who has accepted. And can call the driver etc
Now it appears their going to do ridesharing maybe??have been around for cpl years.
But is this a good thing ??
In the US where uber is competing against lyft guess what both companies have been doing.
Top marks for those who said price war , it's been a race to scrape the bottom of the cost barrell

g00r

I for one think that it's great to see some local competition entering the market.
I also believe that their success or failure will depend heavily on their drivers and the way that they're treated.

Here's something to consider, dollar for dollar, these new services such as GoCatch and Shofer are much better for your bottom lime because you are now only paying GST on your share, not whole fare.

Uber Local facilitator
Fare 100 100
Commission 20 15
GST owed 9.1 7.72
Fuel purchases 20 20
GST credit 1.8 1.8
GST total -7.3 -5.92
Income, less commission, less fuel, less gst
52.7 59.08

A healthy difference!

JimS

So, what you do is insist that GoCatch doesn't fall into the rate game like Uber. Let them keep their rates, and slowly all drivers will switch to GoCatch and Uber will be no longer.

People don't always want the cheapest ride. They want the best value.

naplestom75

Guys, not sure if everyone has heard yet but there's a new ride-sharing provider in Sydney called GoCatch that are saying that their close to launching and are currently recruiting drivers. They said drivers can use them alongside Uber to source extra work while their on the road.

They're paying a $100 signup bonus for new drivers and an extra $100 for each new referral. I went into their office at 187 Concord Rd, in North Strathfield, yesterday and they seem pretty legit. They said they've been offering a taxi booking service for the past year and are currently processing 100,000 bookings per month nationally. I think they said they had something like 300,000 passengers on their app as well.

They also said they're charging a 15% commission and they don't have surge pricing but instead have set peak and off-peak hours. They're also offering to set drivers up with a 2nd handset and cover the cost of the data plan for the first 3 months.

Anyway, they look like their worth checking out. About time Uber faced some competition. I'd definitely recommend heading to their office at 187 Concord Rd if you're interested and you're based in Sydney. Their open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturdays.

Thanks!
it's not ridesharing

MyRedUber

you are now only paying GST on your share, not whole fare.
But GST is levied on the retail transaction, not the driver's income.
On a $100 fare, GST will always be $9.09, regardless of who gives you the drive.

Robert123

Either way you need driver authority card

And it's a legal requirement in Nsw and those on Uber n not having it are not protected could be fined any day any time

uberboy77

Yeah of course that it is legally correct. In fact I've applied on the basis of the advice on RMS website. I'm just talking in terms of actually signing up with GoCar or Uber (who are not following the letter of the law)

Robert123

Yeah of course that it is legally correct. In fact I've applied on the basis of the advice on RMS website. I'm just talking in terms of actually signing up with GoCar or Uber (who are not following the letter of the law)
Does that means that GoCar let you in their system and drive without dac from Rms