New RideHailing App coming to a City near you

Fare

Past Sponsor
Hello All,

My name is Michael Leto, and I am the CEO of a company called Fare. We launched in Austin May 20th and have seen a lot of success! Our company motto is: Drivers Matter. If you know a driver in the Austin market, they can tell you that no one has ever been as transparent as we have. We are taking our message further into Texas and will be opening up in Galveston and Corpus Christie as we work our way East. We pay 80%. Driver's also have the ability to build a clientele through our app. We have "Preferred Drivers" for passengers so they can request you directly, scheduled trips up to 7 days in advance and in app tipping. There is not a company that will support it's drivers better than we do. If you are interested in joining our movement and changing the face of Ride Hailing and RideSharing, this is your chance. I will make myself available to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you!

UberCadi

That's nice. I was really hoping you were announcing a launch in Houston though.
What made you decide to skip us? Really curious.
I agree. The Houston market is where a new offering is needed. Galveston requires a lot of out of pocket expenses to get licensed there as well. Is Fare flipping the bill for all the licensing costs?

UberCadi

I feel the same way. Uber really had everything, and they choose to be corrupt and evil. Why bother at this point. It's hopeless.
Yep. New rideshares come in small margin markets or just inept and not funded to truly be in the game. Look at GetMe - I don't believe Galveston has proved to be the shiney object they expected? Hell, I almost for got they existed and I'm signed up. I logged off well over a month ago and never logged back on. They can't market their way out of a wet paper bag much less keep drivers engaged on the what the hell is even going on in that company. Locals don't populate Galveston and won't get the word of mouth out. It's going to take a little bankroll to move in, but it will NOT be difficult in the state that Uber has put themselves in. Drivers will jump ship, and riders will have to follow. People say give these companies time, because Uber took years to get where they are. BS - the reason it took them so long was because of the uncertainty of the concept of ridesharing. They've now got the general public to embrace allowing a near homeless (and some homeless now I'm sure with current rates) and sketchy person cart them around for less than min wage. If your a new rideshare co, and can't make a dent in this market in less than 90 days, take your tinker toys and pennies to a new sandbox. You didn't bring your A game. Don't put your foot in the water and see how it goes. You rip off that speedo and expose some gonads and go all in on HTown. Uber is vulnerable here. Don't understand how that is not so apparent. It's amazing.

itsablackmarket

Yep. New rideshares come in small margin markets or just inept and not funded to truly be in the game. Look at GetMe - I don't believe Galveston has proved to be the shiney object they expected? Hell, I almost for got they existed and I'm signed up. I logged off well over a month ago and never logged back on. They can't market their way out of a wet paper bag much less keep drivers engaged on the what the hell is even going on in that company. Locals don't populate Galveston and won't get the word of mouth out. It's going to take a little bankroll to move in, but it will NOT be difficult in the state that Uber has put themselves in. Drivers will jump ship, and riders will have to follow. People say give these companies time, because Uber took years to get where they are. BS - the reason it took them so long was because of the uncertainty of the concept of ridesharing. They've now got the general public to embrace allowing a near homeless (and some homeless now I'm sure with current rates) and sketchy person cart them around for less than min wage. If your a new rideshare co, and can't make a dent in this market in less than 90 days, take your tinker toys and pennies to a new sandbox. You didn't bring your A game. Don't put your foot in the water and see how it goes. You rip off that speedo and expose some gonads and go all in on HTown. Uber is vulnerable here. Don't understand how that is not so apparent. It's amazing.
Well said. I mean, really, that was perfect.

UberCadi

Interesting how they post and run away. When you have a riveting announcement post, you probably should have someone stay close and know that your interested and willing to answer questions and promote your so-called moto.

Great point Richard Cranium Fare , you should lead with "we have been approved to operate in [insert city here]!

Sure people are interested, but you give no information on how to take action. (But that might get your post deleted if it's a solicitation). However, GetMe never had their solicitations removed. But, maybe the moderators found some humor in it along with Uber, and knew there was no threat or intention of putting a dent in the market.

I'm guessing Galveston was all that Fare could afford to get into, and doesn't have the leverage and approvals to get into Houston. 20% cut is nice but not if its at the same rates as fUber. Get engaged!!! "Drivers matter!" Ppfft.

Fare

Past Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I would suggest looking up a company called GlobalTranz in Phoenix. $600M company my brother and I built in our 20's. I assure you that we don't mess around. If we are coming, we are going to do it right. These are stepping stones to bigger markets. We have some planning to do before hitting another big market.

Fare

Past Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting how they post and run away. When you have a riveting announcement post, you probably should have someone stay close and know that your interested and willing to answer questions and promote your so-called moto.

Great point Richard Cranium Fare , you should lead with "we have been approved to operate in [insert city here]!

Sure people are interested, but you give no information on how to take action. (But that might get your post deleted if it's a solicitation). However, GetMe never had their solicitations removed. But, maybe the moderators found some humor in it along with Uber, and knew there was no threat or intention of putting a dent in the market.

I'm guessing Galveston was all that Fare could afford to get into, and doesn't have the leverage and approvals to get into Houston. 20% cut is nice but not if its at the same rates as fUber. Get engaged!!! "Drivers matter!" Ppfft.

So we should do it right, stay engaged, but wait till we have approval to announce a city. I assure you that when we do something, we do it right. We are making our move East. If you are interested in being supported by a company, great. If not, then this is probably not for you.

itsablackmarket

So we should do it right, stay engaged, but wait till we have approval to announce a city. I assure you that when we do something, we do it right. We are making our move East. If you are interested in being supported by a company, great. If not, then this is probably not for you.
One thing about Uber is they know how to throw really good bait. They know how to really come across as a legit company. That's because they are. Turns out robbing the public in broad daylight is a HUGE industry, and it's clear to see they come prepared for that job.

Anyway, good luck in Galveston. You'll need it.

Dwayne E.M.D.H. Camacho

I would suggest looking up a company called GlobalTranz in Phoenix. $600M company my brother and I built in our 20's. I assure you that we don't mess around. If we are coming, we are going to do it right. These are stepping stones to bigger markets. We have some planning to do before hitting another big market.
Austin needs it and you'll probably do well there, but if Houston isn't the first/next big market you're planning on hitting, then you're making a huge mistake. Every other big city/market has more than one competitor for you to compete with. Houston only has one and it's Uber.

Just take a look at the land mass that Houston encompasses. Here's something that will put our cities size into perspective for you. We're only getting bigger, about to surpass Chi-raq as the 3rd largest in the nation.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-dai...t-houston-is-so-much-bigger-than-most-cities/