• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New red light cams in The City

LAHenry

The City is changing red light camera vendors. Starting next month the new vendor will update the camera equipment at twelve of the "old" locations* and install seven cameras at the following new locations*.

4th Sbd at Harrison
6th Sbd at Folsom
8th Sbd at Folsom
Divisadero NBd at Bush
Harrison Wbd at 4th
Park Presidio SBd at Lake
Van Ness SBd left turns at Broadway

The new vendor is ATS, which runs the cameras in Millbrae. In Millbrae 81% of the tickets are for rolling right turns, so it possible that San Francisco may switch to heavy enforcement on rolling rights. But no matter what, ticketing will need to increase, a lot, in order for San Francisco to cover the rent on the brand new camera equipment. For the last two years they've been issuing about 250 tickets a month. Once the new equipment is working I expect that ticketing will go back up to the levels seen in 2015 and before - about 1400 tickets a month.

The new locations listed above are from the staff report and page A-3 of the proposed contract, all of which is up for a vote tomorrow, Aug. 21, at the SFMTA Board meeting and is available on the SFMTA website.

The opinion is mine.

*The locations listed above may not be final, or correct, as elsewhere in the contract (Exh. F) there are lists including some locations other than the nineteen listed on A-3.

DollarFree

Feed the Beast.
It’ll work for a while when it’s getting mostly U/L drivers but as other residents get hit too the push-back will be hard & fast. SF has changed a lot but it still isn’t Millbrae or Daly City. Or maybe it is, we’ll know soon enough.

LAHenry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't read. I don't run red lights or blow stop signs. Most drivers do. Hope they pay.

I put up the locations because everyone - including perfect drivers who never would even dream of pushing a red light - needs to pay attention when they hear about upcoming camera enforced locations. Why?

Your computer navigator will not warn you that you're coming to a brand new camera location, because it can take months before new locations get added to the database. That leaves you in your minivan vulnerable when the guy in the sports sedan in front of you slams on his brakes on a brand new yellow, or because he has local knowledge that there's a camera hidden nearby. Rear-ending him would be an accident for which the law would automatically hold you responsible.

lighthouse

I thought reading was required to get your license. Times sure have changed!
A rolling stop light is abrupt sometimes , happens too quick and if you stop past the line you may get ticketed .

Those don’t go only to people who deserve them.

seymour

What do you mean by 'rolling?" You mean rolling up to a stop sign and never stopping completely, while you complete the right turn?

I haven't had a ticket for anything in well over 10 years. At a light, if you are past the line when the light is yellow you are free to proceed or turn.

BiggerDog

The City is changing red light camera vendors. Starting next month the new vendor will update the camera equipment at twelve of the "old" locations* and install seven cameras at the following new locations*.

4th Sbd at Harrison
6th Sbd at Folsom
8th Sbd at Folsom
Divisadero NBd at Bush
Harrison Wbd at 4th
Park Presidio SBd at Lake
Van Ness SBd left turns at Broadway

The new vendor is ATS, which runs the cameras in Millbrae. In Millbrae 81% of the tickets are for rolling right turns, so it possible that San Francisco may switch to heavy enforcement on rolling rights. But no matter what, ticketing will need to increase, a lot, in order for San Francisco to cover the rent on the brand new camera equipment. For the last two years they've been issuing about 250 tickets a month. Once the new equipment is working I expect that ticketing will go back up to the levels seen in 2015 and before - about 1400 tickets a month.

The new locations listed above are from the staff report and page A-3 of the proposed contract, all of which is up for a vote tomorrow, Aug. 21, at the SFMTA Board meeting and is available on the SFMTA website.

The opinion is mine.

*The locations listed above may not be final, or correct, as elsewhere in the contract (Exh. F) there are lists including some locations other than the nineteen listed on A-3.
These are not to be trifled with. You are the mark. Please keep us informed. We will have to know them all.

JPilla

Anyone hearts about the yellow light scam? Taking pictures of people in the intersection when the light is yellow? $490