1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New record low?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Danc9228, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Danc9228

Danc9228

Driving:
    UberX
    I think this was a record low lol. Wtf . This was a 2x surge pool ride I email them 5 times they like it's just an estimate and we will fix it. It's been couple days I still got 0.63 cents lol unreal

image.png

2. Sure

Sure

That's horrible! I hope they fix it. Stay after them.

3. Szuras

Szuras

this is pool , if you check the second pax you will see probably the rest of your payment , probably they give you more from first pax and the remaining 63 cents from second

WestBurbsMac likes this.
  4. Uberbrethren

Uberbrethren

All of your colleagues feel your pain.

leroy jenkins likes this.
  5. Danc9228

Danc9228

Driving:
    UberX
    I thought the same thing but it's not this is what they emailed me when I asked about it

"
    Sorry for any confusion on the trip fare. Happy to help explain.
    The $0.63 amount is only an estimated payout for the trip, sometimes trip fare updates are occasionally delayed. Your complete trip history should always be up to date on your dashboard.
    No worries, as I can see here that the total trip fare is $6.37, with the following breakdown:

Base Fare$0.00
    Distance (Miles)1.73 mi * $0.90$1.56
    Time 03:20 * $0.14$0.47
    Booking Fee$1.20
    Surge x2.3=$2.64
    Earnings Boost: $0.00
    Chicago Surcharge: $0.50
    Total Fare: $6.37

Hope this helps, feel free to reach out if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

6. As a new driver who hasn't gotten a pool ping yet, my one question is, why would any driver accept a pool? I don't plan to. Are you penalized in any way if you just let it time out?

7. Jinxstone

Jinxstone

Your payment for the ride doesn't necessarily reflect what the pax was charged. You're only being paid for distance and time. If you pick up someone from Terminal 1 at the airport and get a matched Pool from Terminal 3 with both riders going downtown to locations near each other you'll probably see something similar but don't believe for a minute that Uber only charged the second rider $3-4 for the trip. Uber keeps the money from the second fare. That's what makes Pool such a loser for drivers.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    leroy jenkins likes this.
  8. Some peeps on hourly guarantees don't mind doing pools to help ensure they hit their ride qoutas. And guber is effectively subsidizing the trip anyway. One is not penalized for skipping pools per se, unless one considers missing out on the special joy of a matched pool ride.

leroy jenkins and cbotnyse like this.