New Promotion

Uberx24

They should offer more money for these consecutive trip boost. Sometimes I have to accept crappy pool rides just to make an extra 5 bucks. And also if you are in the middle of a ride with another pax and you receive a stack ping and don't accept, you will lose your boost.

SuzeCB

They should offer more money for these consecutive trip boost. Sometimes I have to accept crappy pool rides just to make an extra 5 bucks. And also if you are in the middle of a ride with another pax and you receive a stack ping and don't accept, you will lose your boost.
Yeah, well, that's kinda the point. Consecutive trips.:wink:

Yeah it's a bunch of bs. Wish they would just bring back boost on every ride.
I don't know. They both have their pros and cons. You could refuse any trip you didn't want on a Boost, but you had to stay within the geofence when you got the request AND the pick up also had to be within the geofence. There were times that you would be within the geofence, and the pickup was not, or vice versa.

Both promos, when near me, tend to include some of the areas that I don't like to pick up in at night. With a boost, I would have to stay in those areas. With a quest, I have the option of trying to pick up something on The Fringe of the area, and hope it doesn't take me deeper in. Once I'm finished with the first ride, so long as I haven't gotten a stacked ping, I can try my best to beat it out of the area to one I'm more comfortable in, and the quest follows me.

Another benefit to Quest is, say the hours of it are between 4 and 6: you can pick up the first of the three at 5:59, and just keep working the quest until you either finish the three or disqualify yourself. The hours effectively extend for you.

I don't know. They both have their pros and cons. You could refuse any trip you didn't want on a Boost, but you had to stay within the geofence when you got the request AND the pick up also had to be within the geofence. There were times that you would be within the geofence, and the pickup was not, or vice versa.

Both promos, when near me, tend to include some of the areas that I don't like to pick up in at night. With a boost, I would have to stay in those areas. With a quest, I have the option of trying to pick up something on The Fringe of the area, and hope it doesn't take me deeper in. Once I'm finished with the first ride, so long as I haven't gotten a stacked ping, I can try my best to beat it out of the area to one I'm more comfortable in, and the quest follows me.

Another benefit to Quest is, say the hours of it are between 4 and 6: you can pick up the first of the three at 5:59, and just keep working the quest until you either finish the three or disqualify yourself. The hours effectively extend for you.
Great insight on both promos.
Just yesterday I received boost for trip starting at 06:00 also. They count from 04:00 - 06:00. That's one whopping extra minute for the promo and believe me it did matter as it earned me half a tank worth of gas money.

MaximusMurkimus

False; 4th of July I ignored loads of far away pings and I still got some of my consecutive trip boosts.

SuzeCB

False; 4th of July I ignored loads of far away pings and I still got some of my consecutive trip boosts.
Make no mistake, that was a glitch! One of the very few that I've heard of that actually worked in the drivers' favor! Count yourself lucky. :biggrin:

Ardery

Im beginning to feel POOL consecutive boost promos are more trouble than they're worth during heavy rush hour.

pools are usually 3 legs, getting to everybody, with all the one ways, and VERY heavy traffic... it sometimes takes an hour from pickups to dropoffs. the passengers are annoyed, tired, just want to get home. I can say til I'm blue in the face, "you are the one that chose the carpool option!!" - but they're the ones that choose my rating and choose not to tip.

I think if I ignored the pool requests and forfeit the consecutive boost payouts, I'd probably end up making the same.

Make no mistake, that was a glitch! One of the very few that I've heard of that actually worked in the drivers' favor! Count yourself lucky. :biggrin:
speaking of consecutive boost trips, is anybody having this problem? the trip counter is hidden by the play music button. anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

• IMG_20170913_160923.jpg
    IMG_20170913_160923.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 24