New Pending Lawsuit Regarding UBER's use of Driver's INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

LADriver

So, it has finally dawned upon me that I, LADriver, am a vital, integral and indispensable part of UBER's algorithm. UBER's reputation is that they measure everything.

After 12,000 rides, I realize that UBER has been using, monitoring, managing, my specific legally protected, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY for their financial benefit. Their algorithm depends on me.

Every UBER driver is providing their INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY by means of their personal positioning decisions and performed pickups.

They are using my private, non-disclosure decisions as to where to position and where to actually perform UBERX pickups in Los Angeles.

As a 25 year professional Chauffeur in Los Angeles, I know L.A. as well as anybody. I am my own algorithm.

So, I will be contacting a law firm, most likely MARK GERAGOS, to file a lawsuit to litigate UBER's use of my personal INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY for their financial gain.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/543946/when-your-boss-is-an-uber-algorithm/

Last edited:

Pinapple Man

So, it has finally dawned upon me that I, LADriver, am a vital, integral and indispensable part of UBER's algorithm. UBER's reputation is that they measure everything.

After 12,000 rides, I realize that UBER has been using, monitoring, managing, my specific legally protected, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY to their financial benefit. Their algorithm depends on me.

Every UBER driver is providing their INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY by means of their personal positioning decisions and performed pickups.

They are using my private, non-disclosure decisions as to where to position and where to actually perform UBERX pickups in Los Angeles.

As a 25 year professional Chauffeur in Los Angeles, I know L.A. as well as anybody. I am my own algorithm.

So, I will be contacting a law firm, most likely MARK GERAGOS, to file a lawsuit to litigate UBER's use of my personal INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY for their financial gain.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/543946/when-your-boss-is-an-uber-algorithm/
Other than the phrase INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, I have not seen too many FUBER drivers with intelligence.

LADriver

Other than the phrase INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, I have not seen too many FUBER drivers with intelligence.

This is UBER's hidden legal secret. Their algorithm is not independent. It depends on information that they gleem from actual driver's decisions and pick up performance. How do they know that The Abbey in West Hollywood is the most requested pickup point? From driver's independent, private decisions to pick up there. They have a financial gain from a third party's intellectual property.

No.
But having run businesses backed by corporate charters, intellectual property must be published in order to be protected or even stolen.

Great, I'll publish each and every one of my pickups on UBERPEOPLE.NET.

AAAAAND....You have been called a 'Partner' from Day 1 :wink:

Not in Court.

Rideshare123

This is UBER's hidden legal secret. Their algorithm is not independent. It depends on information that they gleem from actual driver's decisions and pick up performance. How do they know that The Abbey in West Hollywood is the most requested pickup point? From driver's independent, private decisions to pick up there. They have a financial gain from a third party's intellectual property.

Great, I'll publish each and every one of my pickups on UBERPEOPLE.NET.

Not in Court.
Absolutely agreed!

NHDriver

No.
But having run businesses backed by corporate charters, intellectual property must be published in order to be protected or even stolen.
Not true. It can be an idea or concept. IP has many different interpretations depending on the industry. That is why so many corporations include it in separation agreements and non-compete agreements. Zuckerberg got sued and settled for $600m because he stole an idea/concept.

LADriver

Not true. It can be an idea or concept. IP has many different interpretations depending on the industry. That is why so many corporations include it in separation agreements and non-compete agreements. Zuckerberg got sued and settled for $600m because he stole an idea/concept.

Yes. Many law schools now teach Intellectual Property as a specialty. Why? Because the refined financial gain statutes are now based upon theft and deception. UBER come to mind?

LA_Native

This is interesting.

Sweep the leg!!!

Put 'em in a body bag!