• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New pay scale for Eats drivers. Is it even worth it anymore?

Jal

I noticed today that deliveries that always scored no less than $5+ a shot are now pricing out at between $3.50 and $4. This has succesfully dropped the average wage (after gas, etc) to less than $8.50 an hour, down from $12-$13. It's now no better than any other minumum wage job (and if you live in Santa Fe, it's actually paying LESS than minimum wage...which I thought was illegal?)

What's up with this BS? The other thing that grinds my gears is the fact that we do not get paid for half of the entire delivery. I got pinged almost 2 miles way from the pickup spot once. Did I get paid for that distance? Nope. That's time and gas that I paid out of pocket. They are litterally getting half of our effort for free.

This company has shown itself to be @@@@@@edly greedy, and it is obvious to everyone that they don't care about their drivers at all. Which is kind of funny, being that without us, they wouldn't exist.

Typical corporate greed. I'm quiting, and I hope a bunch of other drivers do the same. And if you want help organizing a strike like they are doing in the UK, I'll be more than happy to help.

tomabq

I noticed today that deliveries that always scored no less than $5+ a shot are now pricing out at between $3.50 and $4. This has succesfully dropped the average wage (after gas, etc) to less than $8.50 an hour, down from $12-$13. It's now no better than any other minumum wage job (and if you live in Santa Fe, it's actually paying LESS than minimum wage...which I thought was illegal?)

What's up with this BS? The other thing that grinds my gears is the fact that we do not get paid for half of the entire delivery. I got pinged almost 2 miles way from the pickup spot once. Did I get paid for that distance? Nope. That's time and gas that I paid out of pocket. They are litterally getting half of our effort for free.

This company has shown itself to be @@@@@@edly greedy, and it is obvious to everyone that they don't care about their drivers at all. Which is kind of funny, being that without us, they wouldn't exist.

Typical corporate greed. I'm quiting, and I hope a bunch of other drivers do the same. And if you want help organizing a strike like they are doing in the UK, I'll be more than happy to help.
Don't worry Uber always lowers drivers take while raising what they charge customer! According to them they lower rates so you'll make more, lol!