New pax location icon

macchiato

So apparently Lyft brought back the pax location in LA today, but instead of the blue dot within the white dot, we have a Google-esque orange man.

Now only if they will give back our destination upon acceptance and show pt rate on request.

image.jpeg

Adieu

*facepalm*

...and in OC, a nag screen begging for Waze telemetry data - every new address - and disrupting said address syncing up in the process

Seriously, will they EVER stop messing around and confusing everyone????

Adieu

Change is always bad bad bad BAD BAD BAD

Even the best-intended change usually royally sux, and most of this is NOT done with our best interests in mind

Uber48208

*facepalm*

...and in OC, a nag screen begging for Waze telemetry data - every new address - and disrupting said address syncing up in the process

Seriously, will they EVER stop messing around and confusing everyone????
Yesterday (Wednesday) morning, I got the email requesting I use Waze... I tried out the software just by reading these forums - BEFORE signing up to be a Rideshare driver... I don't know how it works in other markets but I hate Waze for a couple reasons...

1) Pickup/Dropoff - the second you enter the neighborhood it's gone - absolute pain in the behind to find exactly location of passenger with it

2) It's horribly inconsistent in my area. Upon receiving that email yesterday morning, I put it on while driving to my 9-5 and it wanted me to make turns before I was ready. After going through 3 streets w/o making turns, the city grid stopped updating and I was driving into a white blob.

Google Maps for me everyday, all day...

And what's really stupid is Waze is owned by Google, right? So why the hard push?

MSUGrad9902

I actually like waze for rideshare. Sometimes you get routed through neighborhoods to avoid lights or what we call "Michigan left turns," which, once you get used to how waze does this, it really works. Some pax appreciate the way waze routes around traffic too.