New NYC Uber regulations

Poppychullo

NYC contemplating new Uber regs will just destroy NJ market. All the TLC vermin that has yet to migrate, will now do so. The only thing that can save Jersey market will be ICE-Border Patrol checkpoints at border crossings.

LEO2112

NYC contemplating new Uber regs will just destroy NJ market. All the TLC vermin that has yet to migrate, will now do so. The only thing that can save Jersey market will be ICE-Border Patrol checkpoints at border crossings.

What new regs are they contemplating?

jccarlin

Bailouts for Medallion and looking at a 6 month study of the impact of rideshare on the Taxi business. All being done by the City Council. Nothing will happen to Uber.

Lightning1181

Tlc cars can no longer do point to point in NJ. What are u talking about??
I think that rule is only being applied to any car above UberX. I think that the TLCs who work x are still able to work x, as I keep seeing way too many of them DTS for it to be only NYC trips.

ibeam23

Saw NY plate, not TLC, picking up in Jersey City. Proudly displayed his trade dress. 2 days ago.
NYC SUBURBS drivers can operate in NYS, CT, and NJ. Perhaps a NY driver had a drop off in JC. Who in their right mind purposely goes to JC to driver?

SuzeCB

The state needs to make all NY plate cars illegal to do ride share in here.
Never going to happen. There are too many people who have a primary residence in New Jersey and a secondary in New York and they have the option of Licensing their cars in either state.

Ravnor

Uber black and Suv can still do point to point in NJ. I sometimes wait for a ping by 3 different drivers from out of state and none of them have any issues getting point to point in NJ. None of them will do any ride lower than the 2 upper tier car classes. They say it doesn't pay.

Entitled_ Bro

Uber black and Suv can still do point to point in NJ. I sometimes wait for a ping by 3 different drivers from out of state and none of them have any issues getting point to point in NJ. None of them will do any ride lower than the 2 upper tier car classes. They say it doesn't pay.

Lyft probably, don't quote me on that though. They had let TLC do pickups like Uber. Don't think they have changed it.