• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New Lyft training

ctdude6969

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are right. I've been doing this for only a year and the amount of inappropriate questions I've been asked is ridiculous. I just laugh it off.

FLKeys

Just completed the training, I feel so educate now. Guessing the new training is an insurance requirement because that is what it felt like. As far as the sexual abuse number at the end, it sounded like an advertisement to me to help offset the costs of creating the videos. I wonder if they will have rider videos as stated?

Dekero

I plan on letting these videos play while I watch TV.. please tell me it's not interactive....
Post automatically merged:

Lyft finally emailed me with a working link, it was at the bottom of one of the standard weekly, here's some random lyft drivers who go above and beyond because they love the community are willing to drive for free. I watched the videos. BTW there's a speed option in the corner, 1.5x seemed to work for me given how slow she talks. I knew those videos were going to be bad, but my expectations were still too high. Those things are targeted at an education level of like 2nd grade.

It didn't say how many 5 star rides we have to give before nov30 to get the $5. does anyone know? has anyone gotten the $5?

LOL, on the other hand...I have about 100 sexual harassment complaints to email about passengers... They constantly invade my personal space, grab my shoulder when driving, ask my religion, ask "where are you from?"/where is your family from" which is always code for what race/religion are you?., ask me if i'm single, and by far the weirdest one, is getting asked to comment on a girls appearance (negatively and positively) while her boyfriend is there.

Could you imagine actually trying to throw any of those people out on the side of the road for minor infractions? for sure you'd get deactivated.
Thank you so much 2x speed makes this dribble so much easier to ignore....

SubaruLegacy

Just completed the training, I feel so educate now. Guessing the new training is an insurance requirement because that is what it felt like. As far as the sexual abuse number at the end, it sounded like an advertisement to me to help offset the costs of creating the videos. I wonder if they will have rider videos as stated?
What's weird is I thought when they first announced this months ago, they were going to do training to spot sexual trafficking... I think that's why they partnered with RAINN and hotline originally. My guess based on those videos, is they decided we were too dumb as drivers to understand complex topics. Also I was shocked how wishy-washy the videos are, a passenger..might not like this. Why not just say...don't touch pax, don't let pax touch you, don't hit on pax, don't ask creepy questions, or are they worried if they tell us specifics it'll open them to liability/employer-employee relationship status?

FLKeys

What's weird is I thought when they first announced this months ago, they were going to do training to spot sexual trafficking... I think that's why they partnered with RAINN and hotline originally. My guess based on those videos, is they decided we were too dumb as drivers to understand complex topics. Also I was shocked how wishy-washy the videos are, a passenger..might not like this. Why not just say...don't touch pax, don't let pax touch you, don't hit on pax, don't ask creepy questions, or are they worried if they tell us specifics it'll open them to liability/employer-employee relationship status?
It was pretty "Common Sense" stuff to me, however we all know "Common Sense" is not so common anymore.

Dekero

I plan on letting these videos play while I watch TV.. please tell me it's not interactive....

Better yet.. done... Best 10 mins of my life.. muted video watched at 2x speed... Wait not watched... And easiest $5 bux ever....
Screenshot_20191107-155326.jpg

lyft_rat

Did mine and got this screen but the app says I still need to do it.Anyone else?
It was lame. Didn't pay much attention accept when the lady said how to handle people having sex in your back seat she actually said defuse the situation by asking them what kind of music they like. No sshit!

There are around 6 or so segments you got to click start each one. Not too bad at all.

Better yet.. done... Best 10 mins of my life.. muted video watched at 2x speed... Wait not watched... And easiest $5 bux ever....View attachment 375165
You ain't got your 5 bucks until you get 5 x 5* continuous. It's not clear if this means with 100% acceptance.

Attachments

Last edited:

25rides7daysaweek

Lyft finally emailed me with a working link, it was at the bottom of one of the standard weekly, here's some random lyft drivers who go above and beyond because they love the community are willing to drive for free. I watched the videos. BTW there's a speed option in the corner, 1.5x seemed to work for me given how slow she talks. I knew those videos were going to be bad, but my expectations were still too high. Those things are targeted at an education level of like 2nd grade.

It didn't say how many 5 star rides we have to give before nov30 to get the $5. does anyone know? has anyone gotten the $5?

LOL, on the other hand...I have about 100 sexual harassment complaints to email about passengers... They constantly invade my personal space, grab my shoulder when driving, ask my religion, ask "where are you from?"/where is your family from" which is always code for what race/religion are you?., ask me if i'm single, and by far the weirdest one, is getting asked to comment on a girls appearance (negatively and positively) while her boyfriend is there.

Could you imagine actually trying to throw any of those people out on the side of the road for minor infractions? for sure you'd get deactivated.
It said 5 5* non consecutive rides
Carry on as usual and you will be rewarded handsomely LOL

GreatWhiteHope

Who else has logged onto Lyft today and was prompted to go through the training videos and have them done by a certain date or not be allowed to drive anymore?
Lyft thinks they need to teach us how to not rape women pax

Shits shameful

what's in the video is simply common sense, I can't believe people have no common sense these days.
I feel you
I’m with you
This shit makes me lose faith in humanity if this isn’t common sense.

but the real reason isn’t to teach us - it’s for Liability

kingcorey321

you all actually watch those videos ?
if lyft paid me by the hour a fare wage then ill watch those training videos .
my training video to younger people always get paid if its job related the end

Jennyma

It's probably a good thing to have people know what they're doing if you want to drive people around. How many threads do we see posted here about some newbie here crying because they refused a service dog or took a minor or didn't understand how insurance works? Basically a CYA by Lyft to say their ants underwent "training". It is certainly a step up from the old mentor program anyway where some fatso would come, kick your tires and tell you a load of horsecrap that wasn't worth the time it took for him or her to say.
It was not about any of those things which would be helpful. It was how to not come off creepy to your pax and what to do if they get creepy.

GreatWhiteHope

i turned my app on today zero interest in taking passengers just to see if i would have to.
no it did not require me to.
if somebody was smart this sounds like a good lawsuit here lyft requiring you watch vids sounds like there calling you employees .
We have to

By December 15 or something
its just videos just do it

luvgurl22

Who else has logged onto Lyft today and was prompted to go through the training videos and have them done by a certain date or not be allowed to drive anymore?
Just let each video run on mute. At the end it congratulates you & you get $5. I didn’t watch that s**t. Pax are the ones with the stank attitude.