• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New lyft driver app

Hoober

anyone get updated to a new lyft driver app? The accept screen changed, everything else looks the same. And they also took away 45+ long trip notifications. Anyone else having these issues?

AlteredBeast

You must be on a beta or something of all those features they have been promising us for months...still waiting for my estimated ride time back, Lyft...

Brunch

Looks like they took the playbook from Uber to make it less obvious to see the ride type. I liked the Pink and Purple screen showing if the ride was a regular or Shared (Line) ride.

hybriduber

I've had it for close to a month now and yes, they took away the 45+ Long Trip notification :frown:. Are you on Android? Seems like they are rolling it out on Android first.

The Entomologist

anyone get updated to a new lyft driver app? The accept screen changed, everything else looks the same. And they also took away 45+ long trip notifications. Anyone else having these issues?
IF you cant see 45 on it you have an android less than 6.0

xgamrgeekx

Yeah, when I went to log in yesterday morning, the app said I wasn't in a service area with full bars. Reset my phone, turned on the app and the first ping I got was like WTF???? iPhone 10 though

kingcorey321

they took the long trip warnings from me. they are back now. its nothing to do with your phone. on lyft.
after this test lyft found it took longer to get a driver to the pax . now its restored. drives show up and say ow shit that is to far i am part time then cancel then get a new driver to do the same. i had a passenger for a hour ride saying she had 3 drivers before me cancel on her after she got in the car. i told her to call lyft when i was driving her to get this ride for free. i still got paid she got a free ride.

dctcmn

I've posted this before, but this is probably a good time to re-post it--

Here's one way to never lose access to old versions of the app:
1. When you first start driving for Lyft, download the driver app to an old, dead smart phone
2. Never allow that old phone to download a new version of the OS or the driver app
3. Hot spot that old phone to your main phone while you're driving
4. Use the old version of the app along side the new version of the app while you're driving

For whatever reason, Lyft will not force the old phone to update and (unlike Uber) you can have the driver app open on multiple devices at once.

Remember when we lost ETA's for a while? I never lost them on the old phone. 45 min notifications? I still got them on the old phone. There was a short time when declining a queued ride counted as a cancellation in the new app, but not on the old app.

LAWeasel

I've posted this before, but this is probably a good time to re-post it--

Here's one way to never lose access to old versions of the app:
1. When you first start driving for Lyft, download the driver app to an old, dead smart phone
2. Never allow that old phone to download a new version of the OS or the driver app
3. Hot spot that old phone to your main phone while you're driving
4. Use the old version of the app along side the new version of the app while you're driving

For whatever reason, Lyft will not force the old phone to update and (unlike Uber) you can have the driver app open on multiple devices at once.

Remember when we lost ETA's for a while? I never lost them on the old phone. 45 min notifications? I still got them on the old phone. There was a short time when declining a queued ride counted as a cancellation in the new app, but not on the old app.
I gave this solution to a few people privately. It works, but IMHO, this should not be posted publicly. If Lyft is indeed testing to see what they can get away with and figures out we are circumventing by reading public forums, the loophole is likely to he closed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Ratings 8
J Lyft 3
Phoenix123 Los Angeles & Orange County 7