Uber Drivers Forum banner

New Lyft Destination Filter Routing

1K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  xRacerX 
#1 ·
Have a look at the new Lyft destination filter screen. They've changed the wording. It now says, "We'll only find rides that get you closer", instead of "We'll only find rides that are towards your destination". This makes the filter even more worthless than it had been just a few days ago.

The reason we want to use destination filter is so that we can get to the destination. The other very important reason to use the filter is to exclude destinations that are not en route to the desired location. Example: when going from the Bay Area's North Bay to SFO on weekday mornings or afternoons you want to avoid going to the East Bay at all costs. East Bay rates suck, and once in the East Bay in daytime you are trapped there - there's at least a one hour wait just to get on the bridge to return to San Francisco.

Last night I was in the North Bay (green circle) with a filter on to SFO airport (red circle). At that time of night it's a 50 mile, 60 minute trip. A ping came in, which I accepted. When I got to the pickup it was revealed that the destination was nowhere near SFO, but deep in the East Bay in Concord (black circle), 48 miles / 55 minutes from where I was. Concord is 40 miles / 45 minutes from SFO at night.

This is useless. While it is true that Concord is closer to SFO than Petaluma, it is only 10 miles closer. Lyft would have me drive 48 miles in the wrong direction. I explained to the pax that Lyft had misdispatched the trip and that I would not be taking him. I would not do that trip at night and I definitely would not under any circumstances have done that trip during the day and got trapped in the East Bay for hours. No. F. Way.

This is not a destination filter. Nice try, Lyft, but get your shit together.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
1st time i used it all 6 were "used" because apparently even if you dont get a request you use it lmao so have to sign out & on every 15 minutes as not to officially use it

when i finally get a ping the destination is 2 hours away from where i wanted to be so of course cancelled leaving a mad "customer" & never used lyft df again

i only use ubers to get airport rides, its the only ride that pays a legal wage in 4 years o don't think ive ever used it to get home it would never work, take hours, or lead you anywhere but the direction you wanted

the geo filters worked much better but of cours if it benefits drivers they take it away

one day theyll figure out just shoe destination or approx fare, the games & deception not working my ar been ynder 10% for 4+ years cr gets highet every year now 40+% lmao they keep trying to trick the vets but tricks only work on the noobs & they rarely get passed 100 rides before they figure it out or fail

they need to cut bait half the riders cant & will never be able to afford a daily chauffeur, the small markets after 4+ years of scams are running out of drivers to keep the Ponzi going, they dont have the population numbers to keep churning threw lol

#13 ·
I actually like Lyft's Destination filter. If played properly, I can chain 4 or 5 airport runs with one DF. (but with no rematch) Works well in the morning where there aren't any arriving flights.

#14 · (Edited)
haha i tried that a year ago , worked good before they shortened the expiration time, how long can you get before your lyft df expires ?

Haven't encountered that.
play store app update did not work, here are 2 screen shots :

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
Mine always expires in 1 hour, never have got a ride using it. Have one set now will see if it expires in 30 minutes.

If you are on a trip does that time not count toward the time limit? Maybe that is how you can extend them out for hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine ended after 30 minutes this morning, did not even make it to my day job. Kind of sucks I guess.

#18 ·
It’s mostly garbage. I had pretty decent results with it but like everything else this year with these companies, it just keeps getting worse.

Setting it these days just seems to close me off to requests period. I can set it for SFO, beyond SFO, SF itself and I won’t get a single request until it finally kicks me offline.

Go back online and very next unfiltered request is going to SFO (or north).

Worthless.

#20 ·
Lyft DF has worked pretty well for me lately.
The new DF works better for me too. I've always set Ohare airport as the destination, which is 20 miles to my southeast. It used to be that I would ONLY get Ohare rides.

Now, I get some that are going in that direction, but not all the way to Ohare. After I drop off the passenger, (or before), I get another passenger who is actually going to Ohare.

#21 ·
It's mostly garbage. I had pretty decent results with it but like everything else this year with these companies, it just keeps getting worse.

Setting it these days just seems to close me off to requests period. I can set it for SFO, beyond SFO, SF itself and I won't get a single request until it finally kicks me offline.

Go back online and very next unfiltered request is going to SFO (or north).

Worthless.
Thats been my recent experience too. Its almost like kind of loggin off but being online in limp mode. Once the filter is done, boom, back to money losing requests coming. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.