New low of customers : Stop giving Water and Candy why read my post

Tareq Asfour

OK I didn't know that water serving water and candy to the customers is a substance. I'm going to tell all the drivers all ride-share to stop serving water and candy in there their vehicles for customers because the customer is going to turn around and make up stuff on the drivers while the customer is intoxicated and they get mad at the driver like myself when I tell them get out of my van for using illicit drugs in my van and turn around saying I am at fault

Tareq Asfour

Today I want to go back to work at the airport I'll try to go online and I see my account is on hold so I send a message to uber asking why my account is on hold and they told me for safety reasons. I told him please explain they told me they got a complaint from a customer around 3 o'clock in the morning that I was driving and I weaved around and I send a message back saying yes I did that was a big potholes and allot construction in the streets of San Diego and they said in the email also that the customer thinks that I'm intoxicated,so I told how am I going to be If I'm a full time driver ? So now customers are saying that I'm getting high off my own supply which is the water and the candy that I'm serving is laced or being baked with the refer like edibles. Customers new lows trying to put two things together saying I may be intoxicated while driving. So I'm going to stop serving water and candy so customers don't make up their lows upon me or other drivers.

Uncle TBRONE

You shouldn't let them ride in the first place if they are obviously reeking of weed.If you take the time to assess their profile ahead of time, if I'm not mistaken they also get rated, you may be able to avoid that situation, period. Good luck and stay safe.

Jcewr17

Why do you serve those? No water, candy, aux cable, story-time, any kind of sucking up needed. Just bring the pax from point A to point B safely and intact. They will downrate you for trying too hard plus with the rate we're getting per mile it just isn't worth it. Share your ride not your life supply.

Cableguynoe

OK I didn't know that water serving water and candy to the customers is a substance. I'm going to tell all the drivers all ride-share to stop serving water and candy in there their vehicles for customers because the customer is going to turn around and make up stuff on the drivers while the customer is intoxicated and they get mad at the driver like myself when I tell them get out of my van for using illicit drugs in my van and turn around saying I am at fault
Sorry to break it to your bud, but you're the only one providing water and candy.

Coachman

MonkeyTOES

Pax will never be satisfied even if you are giving water and candy. Just do your part which is driving to their destination. If you want a tip more than likely they will if you talk to them like you are fascinated by everything they say. Works well for me.

negeorgia

...if I'm not mistaken they also get rated, ...
After every trip. It is optional for pax to rate their driver. Yet, pax are always rated. I think Chicago has banned Uber from showing their drivers the pax rating; but that is the only market to do so, that I have heard.

Glickk

All my pax get a gift bag. All of them, even with xl. I order them online and they run me about $6 per gift bag. It's costing me money but we need to help uber and lyft spread and get the brand up, so for me it's worth it.
Why stop there? Why not get down on your hands and knees and ask them to drop their trousers. Spread the brand? Thats Uber's and Lyfts job, not ours. We get paid beans as it is. So now because you feel like wasting your money away, the 99.9% of us that do nothing but what were are supposed to do (provide a clean, safe vehicle and a safe ride in case you forgot), other riders will expect the same treatment. Boy, I'll bet you go home every night and take selfies with your shiny 5.0 rating in the picture. I smell an Uber of Lyft spy here. Thanks for nothing.

swingset

What the heck does providing water or mints have to do with being reported for being intoxicated?

Jesus, this forum sometimes.

I give out mints. They cost $.75 at Aldi's for a bag that lasts me weeks if not a month. I typically make $30-40 a weekend in tips. I didn't get that many tips before I started having that stuff available in the car. Maybe it's just luck, but people thank me for having them. I don't see it as one iota different than spending $6 for a car wash that you didn't have to spend. You're creating a decent environment, one way or another. Don't wanna give out mints? Fine, don't. Makes me look more special for doing it, which means better tips.

Do you honestly think I'm going to sweat $.75 because some weirdo on Uberpeople thinks we're in danger of being reported and my mints have something to do with it?

I'll tell you what drivers should do, stop getting crazy ideas and thinking they matter, and then posting them on this board. That's what I'd recommend.