• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

New little thing I noticed about LAXit

iheartuber

Under the old system, your ping, whether via on the spot rematch or through the pig pen, was given to you filtered through the Uber dispatch algorithm. That means that you got a ping that matched a location you had already been to that day.

Now, the system is truly random. There is no way the pax can come to a line of cars and give you a PIN and take the next car in the line and still have the destination line up through Uber’s usual matching algorithm.

This means you have better odds for a good trip at LAX pickup without having to cherry pick

EphLux

Under the old system, your ping, whether via on the spot rematch or through the pig pen, was given to you filtered through the Uber dispatch algorithm. That means that you got a ping that matched a location you had already been to that day.

Now, the system is truly random. There is no way the pax can come to a line of cars and give you a PIN and take the next car in the line and still have the destination line up through Uber’s usual matching algorithm.

This means you have better odds for a good trip at LAX pickup without having to cherry pick
My first LaxIt ride sucked. Haven't been back.

TheHunter

Something odd I noticed at LAXit. My first time there, the pin prompt was lost then I had to go to the Uber pig pen and get a new invite.
When I went into the Uber pig pen, the lot was absolutely full. I just got into the lot and got the prompt to go back to LAXit.
What are all those lazy dolts doing there just hanging around? I noticed the same thing at the when the Jenny lot was there. I got a ride right away and I was off the the races.