New Jersey UberEats Pay Rate

Maven

UberEats has been in NJ long enough to have a FAQ. To see a list of participating restaurants, go here and enter the name of a nearby city. I'd like to know the pay rate, which is supposedly slightly more than UberX.

Can someone who has successfully delivered for UberEats anywhere in NJ please post a screenshot (best) of the pay received for any single deliver (not 2 or more from same restaurant), including the
  • Mileage
  • Pickup fee
  • Delivery fee
  • Mileage fee
  • Your Uber Cut: 20%, 25%, 30% or other
  • Pickup inside or outside of Jersey Shore
I'd use that information to determine the Gross (before Uber cut) UberEats Pay rate in NJ to add to the regional rate table here. If you know of an Uber web page that gives NJ UberEats rates, that would be even better.

Last edited:

UberSimpson

http://file:Capture+_2017-10-01-10-27-49.png
upload_2017-10-1_10-38-20.png

Not in shore.
25%

Maven

http://file:Capture+_2017-10-01-10-27-49.png View attachment 163433

Not in shore.
25%
Thank you for the screenshot uploads. Unfortunately, only the 2nd worked properly, not the first.
Can you please resend the 1st? What works for me in similar situations is using an intermediary like imagur.com

Based on the 2nd upload, I calculate Gross Pay for UberEats in NJ to be

Distance $1.333 per mile
Pickup Fee $2.47
Dropoff Fee $1.20

The formula for UberEats Net Pay in NJ would be
(($3.50 Pickup) + (mileage x $1.333 per-mile) + ($1.50 Delivery)) * (1 - Uber Cut) * (Boost multiplier) + Tips

Assuming a 25% Uber Cut the formula reduces to
(($2.75 Pickup+Delivery) + (mileage x $1 per-mile)) * (Boost/Surge multiplier) + Tips

Although you may wait up to 15 minutes (usually about half) at both pickup and delivery,
the average UberEats delivery appears a bit more profitable than the average UberX, as expected.
  • $1 vs $0.6975 per mile
  • $2.75 vs $0.7875 Base fair + $1.32 ((15-4 minutes wait time)*($.12/minute)
Outstanding Issues:
  • UberEats delivery under a mile needed to determine if there is a minimum UberEats delivery payment.
  • Rates for the Jersey Shore cannot be determined without similar information for a Jersey Shore Ubereats pickup.
  • Confirmation of rates from 2nd source
  • Update the regional rate tables here with New Jersey UberEats data.
Please reply if any of these numbers looks wrong and explain why.

Last edited:

UberSimpson

Well I only did one upload, but here are a few more screen shots:

upload_2017-10-1_14-48-1.png

upload_2017-10-1_14-49-18.png

upload_2017-10-1_14-50-59.png

Seems like the pickup and dropoff fees are constant.
Dropoffs are usually very quick with hungry recipients eagerly awaiting their treats.
Pickups sometimes take time, and it's a @@@@@ to find parking for Efes Mediterranean in downtown New Brunswick but easy at Popeye's and McDonald.

Maven

Well I only did one upload, but here are a few more screen shots:
View attachment 163467 View attachment 163468 View attachment 163469
Seems like the pickup and dropoff fees are constant.
Dropoffs are usually very quick with hungry recipients eagerly awaiting their treats.
Pickups sometimes take time, and it's a ***** to find parking for Efes Mediterranean in downtown New Brunswick but easy at Popeye's and McDonald.

Thank you for the additional uploads. They appear to be consistent with the prior upload, as you said.
The only change the new uploads indicate is to bump my prior estimate of the Gross UberEats per mile fee from 1.333 to 1.34 or 1.35

Have you done any short UberEats deliveries (under a mile)? An UberEats delivery under a mile is needed to determine if there is a minimum UberEats delivery payment, like in NYC-Suburbs.

I know that it can be difficult to pickup at a popular restaurant without enough parking. In similar situations, I either park across the street, try to find a rear parking lot and walk through the back entrance, or call the restaurant, and ask that the food to be brought out to me.

jj0115

I got suckered in the old Deal turn an X into an Eats trick. Get to the Jewish Jerky joint guy comes to the car with food - doesn't get in just hands it to me. Then Pax calls "Start the trip and I will change the drop, just bring me my food". Should've ate his food and thrown the empty bag on his lawn as I completed trip but i beta'd.

Rayn10

Complete waste of time. Laughable. And the 19 minute trip was after I started the trip 20 minutes after the food was done being cooked. $4 adjustment because the genius guy who ordered his food put his home address incorrectly in the app

Attachments

• IMG_7156.PNG
    IMG_7156.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 164

UberSimpson

Thank you for the additional uploads. They appear to be consistent with the prior upload, as you said.

Have you done any short UberEats deliveries (under a mile)? An UberEats delivery under a mile is needed to determine if there is a minimum UberEats delivery payment, like in NYC-Suburbs.

Minimum is $3.75:

upload_2017-10-8_10-30-25.png

Maven

Thank you for the information. Based on what you sent, minimum for UberEats in NJ is $5 gross and $3.75 net after 25% Uber Cut.

doggerel

I don't care if Uber Eats pays 10 times what Uber X pays. I'll never lower myself to delivering bags of Big Macs to 300 pound hood rats in the ghetto.

I'd only reconsider eats if you live or care to work in a heavy spanish/latino/puerto rican neighborhood. I did a few very late saturday night in **** ****, and had 3 rides, 3 tips, in cash, that were 7, five and six.

Nowhere else in the state can that ever happen.

All I can say is "jajajaja!"

Last edited: